Friday, November 16, 2007

Half-asleep and dreaming

I could look at it two ways.

First of all, I could feel sorry for myself and cry over the pain I'm having. Not doing it.

The second choice is just to accept it and get through it. We have these two choices with anything that confronts us.

So, I'm choosing option number two; I'm being a good girl, taking my meds, and getting through it - knowing that on the other side lies a more pain-free existence for awhile. That isn't to say that I haven't had some moments of pain that bring tears to my eyes. Basically, since they burned these facet nerves in my neck yesterday, I'm having what they call neuritis - literally, "inflamed nerves." The doctor I spoke with last night said that the nerves are, in essence, sunburned. Yeah. Imagine that for a moment.

But I was so doped up on Xanax yesterday for the procedure that I don't remember much, blissfully. I slept most of the day yesterday, thank goodness for medication. I can't imagine what my day would have been like without it. I can't wait to get to the oter side of recovery to see how this turns out. Maybe I'll actually have some painless days and some strength in my arms again.

It's almost 4:30. I suppose I should get back to bed. I got up because the dogs were barking at God knows what. I've since figured out that it must be because of the wind. It's blowing ferociously out there and is moving the patio chairs around. Tomorrow we'll bring them in, but for the rest of this night, I'm going to try to settle Lily down and assure her that it is nothing to worry about.

Hope you enjoy this little winter blast that is affecting the better part of the naiton. Peace - DP

No comments: