Saturday, December 29, 2007

101 Things about Me

1. I am a technical writer.
2. I have published two books about network engineering.
3. I was a network engineer when you could still learn on the job.
4. What I really want to write is poetry, essays, and novels.
5. I'm working on that.
6. I've had 7 surgeries.
7. Part of my neck is titanium.
8. I can still go through metal detectors without setting them off.
9. My 25th anniversary is February 19, 2008.
10. I met my husband on the school bus in high school.
11. We were both "new kids."
12. I put him off for a year before going out with him.
13. We have two kids, grown.
14. We named our kids the names we thought up when we were 18.
15. Our daughter is seriously ill, but I won't expand on that.
16. We have two English Bulldogs.
17. We always loved breeds like the Samoyed and German Shepherd, closely related to wolves, before our daughter asked for an English Bulldog for her 17th birthday. We are now raising that dog (now in her later years) along with a new "little brother" because we fell in love with this breed.
18. We have three cats.
19. We are outnumbered by pets in our house.
20. I want to be cremated.
21. I want my cat, CC, to have her ashes scattered with mine in Hawai'i.
22. I always wanted to swim, as a child.
23. I took lessons and overcame my fear of water at age 41.
24. Now I have nowhere to swim.
25. I love pie.
26. I recently lost 60 lbs.
27. I actually like fruitcake and can make a really great one.
28. I like snow but not winter sports.
29. I'm afraid to go out when it's snowy/icy. I've had nasty falls.
30. I probably have MS, but the doctors keep putting me through a lot more tests.
31. I wanted to be a marine biologist.
32. Or a doctor.
33. I was told at age 10 that I would probably be a writer, that I was good at it.
34. I've struggled against that most of my life. I didn't want to "waste" my abilities.
35. I am a voracious reader and usually have at least 2 books going at a time.
36. I'm an elitist, hard as that is to admit. I glaze over when someone I'm talking to is obviously unintelligent.
37. I loved listening to my father play country music on his Gibson guitar. (He once played with a very young Johnny Cash and other C&W stars).
38. I used to play piano but can no longer manage my hands and brain that way.
39. I am the social butterfly in my immediate family, which isn't saying much.
40. I like to start my day with crossword puzzles.
41. I still like to put peanuts in a Dr. Pepper but can't remember the last time I did that.
42. I was born in Douglas, GA.
43. I grew up in Houston, TX.
44. Fear of math kept me away from college for a long time.
45. I graduated from college a week before my 45th birthday.
46. I was a straight A student in school before I hit Algebra (and a lousy teacher whose degree was probably in Art History).
47. I was a drama geek in high school. President of the drama club.
48. I also played piano in the stage band.
49. I didn't play sports and sucked at gym class (except for basketball). I was always a klutz.
50. I love ice hockey. (Go Caps!)
51. I split my chin open when I was 4, trying to dive like the people I saw on the Olympic games.
52. I was always fascinated by gymnasts but can't even turn a flip.
53. I love yoga.
54. I hate exercise.
55. I used to be pretty good at basketball.
56. I don't like the prejudice against Southerners. Slow mouth does not equal slow brain.
57. I don't like being naked.
58. I was a painfully shy kid.
59. I've never gone to any of my high school reunions.
60. I don't maintain contact with anyone from my school days.
61. I miss my father-in-law as much as I miss my own dad (both deceased).
62. I have clinical depression and consider my meds to be life-saving.
63. I am a Buddhist, which I find to be peaceful.
64. I grew up Southern Baptist and was a model Christian for most of my childhood.
65. I became a Catholic in 1994 (my husband is Catholic).
66. I don't really recognize the church anymore. I don't like politics with my religion.
67. I've been to Hawai'i twice.
68. I'm no longer afraid of death.
69. I nearly died twice: once due to complications after my hysterectomy in 2003 and once in February 2007 when I nearly bled to death because of Plavix.
70. I don't think science holds the answers to what happens when we die.
71. I respect science and live with two science geeks.
72. My favorite TV channel is Discovery Health.
73. I'm a movie buff and often quote movie dialogue as part of my conversation.
74. I don't like the way the media makes us think about our bodies.
75. I prefer Mac to Windows (for about the last 8 years).
76. I could never own or operate a business that I felt impacted people or the environment adversely.
77. I'm not big on wearing jewelry but I have some nice pieces.
78. Halfway through college I thought about changing to anthropology, psychology, or history.
79. I got my degree completely online, which was harder than face-to-face courses I took when I was in my 20s.
80. I'd like to teach but I'm not sure if I could handle the workload and still keep my day job.
81. I let my fears stop me.
82. I was going to go in the Navy but married my Marine/high school sweetheart instead.
83. I'm a Democrat.
84. If I were a lawyer, I'd want to work on civil rights cases.
85. If I were a color, I would be cobalt.
86. I want to go on a safari.
87. There are many things I have wanted to do or be. It's incredibly difficult for me to choose.
88. If I could have one wish, I would wish away the mental illness from my family. It has struck too many.
89. My favorite scent is patchouli.
90. My favorite flowers are yellow roses and purple irises.
91. My favorite shrub is the fuchsia azalea.
93. My favorite season is fall – the colors are amazing here in Maryland.
94. I don't like to sweat.
95. My hair is really thick.
96. I love the outdoors but I don't like bugs.
97. The ocean calms me.
98. I don't believe in UFOs, aliens, or government conspiracies.
99. I love richly painted walls.
100. I've never been to Europe but want to go.
101. If I had the physical strength I'd want to live on a small farm.

Done already? Wow. I think I have many more in me!

5 comments:

Not Afraid to Use It said...

Very cool list! I love that you like fruitcake. If you want, I have a recipe that uses the fruit mix of a fruitcake to make an ice cream-type dessert. But you soak the fruit in liquor first. Very yum. LOL

I also have to say I am very intrigued by the whole "metal in your neck" thing. Isn't titanium cool that way? You can still be sneaky. LOL

Have a great New Year! Thanks for the great read!

Karma said...

Awesome list! We are extremely similar you and I... no wonder we click so much!! Can't wait to see 102-202!!

gel(Emerald Eyes) said...

Intriguing glimpse. I read these out of curiosity because I'm interested in what the particularly blogger reveals. I also ponder about the similarities that crop up and wonder if those are statistically significant. (Gasp, I mentioned math...) Seriously, I think it took courage to complete college. For many years I tutored math to many people of all ages during the day while I wrote poems and painted canvases at night.

A few uncanny similarities, but not all:
#4, 5, 6 (I've had more if you count outpatient surgery), 7(titanium is in a different place of my body), 8, 13, 15,
17 (but not the extra dogs), 20, 35,
58, 71 (if I count myself), 76, 83, 84,85 (cobalt is one of the colors I'd be) 87,88, 90 (1/2 of it: love purple irises but like other color roses more than yellow),93,97,99

gel said...

ack_ I should have read over my comment before posting. I'm up due to the tenacious claws of insomnia and muddied that post. One glaring "grammo" should read "I also pondered the similarities that cropped up."
Anyway, I forgive others who post "oopsies" on my blog.

I hope that your medical conditions lessen and/or are treatable and that it you don't have MS.

ed said...

情趣用品,情趣,情色,成人,A片,自拍,情趣用品,情趣,色情,成人影片,色情影片,免費A片,情趣用品,情趣,成人網站,A片下載,日本AV,做愛,情趣用品,情趣,美女交友,A片,辣妹視訊,情色視訊,情趣用品,情趣,色情聊天室,聊天室,AV,成人電影,A片,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣商品,情趣,情趣

情色,A片,AIO,AV,日本AV,色情A片,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,A片下載,情色A片,哈啦聊天室,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,色情聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費視訊聊天,上班族聊天室,080中部人聊天室,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,成人聊天室,一夜情聊天室,辣妹視訊,情色視訊,成人,成人影片,成人光碟,成人影城,自拍

情趣用品,A片,AIO,AV,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,日本AV,寄情築園小遊戲,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色文學,色情,色情遊戲,一葉情貼圖片區,色情網站,色情影片,微風成人, 嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人影片,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,080視訊聊天室,視訊聊天室

情趣用品,A片,aio,av,av女優,a漫,免費a片,aio交友愛情館,a片免費看,a片下載,本土自拍,自拍,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色文學,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,嘟嘟情人色網,一葉情貼圖片區,色情影片,情色網,色情網站,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人小說,成人電影

情趣用品,情趣,情趣商品,自拍,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,H漫,A片,AV,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色小說,情色文學,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,SEX,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區