Friday, January 4, 2008

Diets Just Suck

To quote a friend of mine, I could say that I'm posting just to say I'm not posting (shout out, Karma! Feel better!) or I could tell you that I am grouchy as hell tonight. Part of it is because I hate going back to work after the holidays. Part of it is because my little Bodhi man (my bulldog puppy) is recovering from neutering surgery. He's not quite acting right tonight, so I'm worried.

Mostly it's because I'm on a diet again. I never fully got down to the weight I needed to be at the first time around, then enter the mad beast, Prednisone and bam - I'm up a few pounds and craving sugary, doughy things. I knew it was just a matter of time before those few pounds became a few dozen. So back to the Medifast diet I went. And I am finishing up day 2 and I'm grouchy as hell. Did I say that already? I'm adjusting to 900-some calories. Ugh. My brain is kind of foggy and groggy. Last night I had the dreaded headache that comes at the start of a low-cal, low-carb diet. Ugh.

My biggest sign that I'm acting out and not exactly in the most Buddhist state? I actually blocked a user on my other blog site - the Medifast support site. I was so sick of seeing this person's avatar and blah-blah-blah-look-at-happy-little-me-isms that I blocked her. I just don't wanna know. She reminded me too much of another girl I knew some time ago who was more like a bulldozer than a woman. She accused everyone of whining ALL THE FRIGGIN TIME! Me thinkst thou dost protest too much, my fine ex-friend. This year I've decided to stop wasting my time with people who do nothing but make me feel uncomfortable, edgy, angry, lousy about myself, or apologetic. I've spent far too much of my life trying to please people and be a pleasing person. This isn't to say that I'm going to go out of my way to be a pain-in-the-butt to anyone else. I'll still be my polite and usual self. I will not, however, keep people around me who don't let me be.

So I blocked her. And now my rant is over.

Tomorrow is day 3 of the diet. After tomorrow I should be feeling a lot better and a lot less hungry.

I don't plan to block anyone else. Out of the hundreds of people I've met, she's the only one I'd like to punch. And I'm not a violent person. That's how much she rubs me the wrong way.

'nuff said.

Is it time to eat yet?

Peace out - D

1 comment:

Heather said...

One of my favorite TV lines is from an episode of Roseanne. A character said to her, regarding another woman, "She's so perky I'd like to drive a railroad spike through her head." I feel that way MANY times about perky people I encounter. Snark away, my dear, snark away. I understand! :-)