Sunday, January 20, 2008

My rock star life.

Oh my God. Now I'm being dragged kicking and screaming into the modern age of blogging. It isn't just about writing anymore. It's about doing some fun weird things like "memes." I was minding my own business, drinking my coffee, and reading Heather's blog this morning, as usual. Ok, so that doesn't really constitute minding my own business. I was sticking my nose into hers, but she's so interesting!

She invites us all, today, to create our fictitious band's cover.

So here I am, doing a meme. I hope it isn't illegal in any of the 48 contiguous states or otherwise harmful to my health ;-) Here is the meme I picked up off Heather's site. I would have had more of a blast with it if I had Photoshop, or if I could put my hands on my box o' Macromedia s/w. Since I loaded up Leopard, the damned apps are asking me for a serial number again. Grumble. Groan. Pfffft. I'll find the stuff later. Anyway, if you want to go through the bother, just follow these simple directions to come up with your own imaginary band's first album cover and title.

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first article title is the name of your band.

2. http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The last four words of the very last quote is the title of your album.

3. http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days/
The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

Now take your pic, add the band name and title to it, then post it.
Now anyone can be a rock star.

Here's mine, and I friggin' love the band name (honey, you know why!):


This is awesome, Heather. Though I had technical challenges doing this without a true photo utility, I still had fun. And who could beat a quote from Charles Schulz anyway? "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

1 comment:

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Weiner library - that's just awesome!

My plans are complete - you have been turned to the Dark Side. Mwha-ha-ha-ha-ha!