Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Back from La-La-Land!

I'm home! We got home yesterday from Orlando, relaxed and still dreamy from our much-needed time away.

What did I do first? I crashed. I missed my bed.

Then I checked email. Oh. My. God. I had so many messages. I only checked email once while on vacation, so it just piled up. From the flurry of email messages about the rescheduling of our February poetry reading (due to weather) to the news that my dear friend, my former English professor, gave birth to her twins Daniel and Elise, to a jumble of spam, it was all sitting there stacking up like snowdrifts against the front door. You must shovel it out before you can get on with things.

I have a lot to do today, including getting back to work, but I kept a log of some interesting things during our trip. I'll use some of those in my next few posts, so stay tuned!

Meanwhile, my dear 'net friend Heather at Coal Miner's Granddaughter bestowed upon my blog the following award:



Heather dear, I <3 you, too! Love your blog and read it every day! Who needs political pundits when you can see video of a woman beating up her old washing machine with a sledge hammer?? I aspire to be as entertaining as you are!

I believe the protocol is for me to eventually bestow this award on another blog. I will give that some thought, because I am still making my way around the blogiverse, figuring all of this out. I'm a writer who is beginning to feel a little out of touch with all of the newest technology. It is a tool for me, but I know that for many people, it is as natural as breathing. Despite having been a network engineer, despite working for a software company, there is much I am not well-versed in. I'm learning something new daily. Good for the old noodle, eh?

Well, it's off to start my day. I'll write more later. It was a wonderful little vacation...

Hugs! D

1 comment:

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Glad you liked the bling, glad you're back, and glad you successfully waded through the spam! :-)