Saturday, February 9, 2008

Happy Birthday, sweet Baboo!

Yesterday was my dear hubby's birthday, and life has been generally busy this past week, which is why I've been absent. Did anyone notice? If a blog fell in the ether and no one was reading, would it be missed? :-)

My sweet Baboo is 45. (yes, that is a Charlie Brown reference...)

We met on a school bus in high school when we were both new kids. He slid into the seat next to me and said, "Hi, my name's Paul. I'm crazy, but you'll get used to it."

Yeah, I thought he was crazy alright! He told me that someday we'd get married and have a couple of kids. I REALLY thought he was crazy. And yet here we are. Married with a couple of kids.

He wanted to be an astronaut when he was a kid, but he didn't have the kind of family that encouraged him. His mom snapped a picture of him sitting in the lunar rover when he was a kid, talking to an astronaut (this is back when they didn't have it inaccessible to the public). It seemed that his dream was attainable. Things didn't work out that way.

So now at 45, he is trying to finish college and maybe go on to a higher degree in physics (the thing that thrills him even more than math). I know that he will do whatever he sets his mind to.

He is absolutely the sweetest man. Last night we went to a hockey game (sadly, the Caps didn't win) and dinner before that. During the break between the first and second periods, he had them put a happy anniversary message to us up on the board. (Our 25th is coming up on the 19th of this month). Why didn't I think of putting a birthday message up there to him?? Oy. It was so SWEET! He never ceases to amaze me.

This is on top of the fact that he had made a reservation for us at a nice resort in Orlando a block from Sea World. We're leaving on Valentine's Day and heading down there for a little R&R for our anniversary. We both desperately need it. He did the research on the hotel himself and made all the plans. It used to be my job to do all that. Now he does it with ease. And I am more than happy to go along!

We're going to NASA while we're down there, of course. My sweet wannabe-astronaut wouldn't miss it! I'll post pictures after we get back.

For now, I'm going to say adieu. It's a beautiful day outside. Too nice for me to be at the computer.

Hugs!

D

1 comment:

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Happy Birthday, Baboo! So glad there's a fellow physics geek on the planet!