Tuesday, February 5, 2008

It could be worse. I could be Joran Van Der Sloot

Wow. I won't even talk about my day. But let's just say, I didn't have it as bad as if I were Joran Van Der Sloot.

Last night I watched the news story on 20/20, the long expose about the teen party boy who was the last person seen with a living Natalee Holloway. He was in a car with a man he trusted, smoking pot and spilling the beans to someone he thought he could trust. You know what I have to say about that?

G O O D!

It's about time the truth - or at least some version of it - came out. I have felt completely horrible for Natalee's mom as she has gone back and forth to Aruba, constantly lied to by the officials there and caught in their web of ineptitude and corruption. She just wanted to know what happened to her daughter.

Now it seems that Natalee may have died from being thrown in the water alive after she became sick and unconscious from (maybe) alcohol poisoning. At least that's what it sounded like to me. She was very intoxicated. She started having some kind of seizure. Joran called a friend to help him out. The friend took the body that they think was dead and threw her off the side of a boat.

His complete lack of remorse - hell, he didn't even seem to care that a girl was dead - was textbook sociopathy. Speaking of his reaction to having a seemingly lifeless body at his feet? Did he think to call an ambulance? Did he think to try to save her? NO! He said, "I wondered 'why this stuff happen to me'?" Typical sociopath. Lack of empathy. Lack of remorse. It's all about them.

He's now saying he made the whole thing up as an entertaining story.

Uh, no.

I'm a storyteller, and I would NEVER make up a story about having killed someone, especially had I already been arrested several times in connection with the real murder of a real person under global scrutiny. No. He thought he was safe and that it would be his word against his buddy's. Only his buddy had many cameras and microphones all over his Range Rover. Gotcha, party boy.

For the mother's part, she seems at peace. She knows - as closely as she can know - what happened to her daughter. She can finally begin to heal.

Speaking of healing, she seems to have had a really nice face lift. She looks a lot younger, and I'm sure she needed a little something after the hell she's been through. Good for you, Mama.

Pray this psycho gets his come-uppance. He comes from a high-powered family with lots of connections, but I think the truth is out. And it shan't set him free.

Peace - D

1 comment:

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

This kid is just a piece of crap loser. I've always said the poor child ended up in the ocean as fish food. That's why they could never find her body.

It's just sad. Truly sad. Her life was cut short and his life forever marred by what he caused.