Thursday, February 28, 2008

When I'm Nervous, I Rant

To continue my diatribe from yesterday, and to clarify, I am a text messager. I got started doing it when my son sent me a text message. I had only ever gotten one before that, from a friend in NC. Had no idea if I even could do a reply on my phone. Yes, I was feeling pretty old.

To further clarify, I don't care what people do when they are at a dead stop. Read away! :-)

My daughter is having her procedure right now. It got postponed yesterday because the "Go Litely" juice they gave her (a gallon of it, plus 4 Dulcolax) didn't work fast enough. So I sat there with her for a good long time yesterday in the freezing hospital room (freezing to me, not to her). Couldn't feel my legs when I left. I can't be with her there today, because of work, but I'm standing by for news. It's making me nervous. And when I'm nervous I tend to rant. Funny that my brother should send me the following video, which only added to my rant. Why are people so dumb? When I feel like I am getting old or losing IQ points, I only need to watch this video. Of course, it isn't just Americans. I'd wager you could find this kind of head-in-the-sand dearth of knowledge anywhere in the world. We're just fun to pick on. :-)

Enjoy - D

2 comments:

Not Afraid to Use It said...

OMG. Sigh. That is one of the things I hated about living abroad. People would laugh and automatically assume that you were a "stupid American". But then, sadly, when you would travel around it became obvious that these people on the video are everywhere.

I do agree with you that there is probably this same phenomenon in every country, but somehow Americans seem to revel in their stupidity and willingness to document it on camera. LOL

Not Afraid to Use It said...

And, I hope all is going well with your daughter. We're sending hugs your way.