Sunday, March 9, 2008

authorblog: Weekend Wandering

authorblog: Weekend Wandering

David, over at authorblog, has provided today's blog topic:

The question is: Do you say "I love you" often enough?




Personally, I say "I love you" very often, always have. I don't think anyone says it nearly enough, though. To my husband, to my kids, I say those three little words several times a day: as we say goodbye, goodnight, as we talk on the phone, as I give them a passing hug. I say it to my best friend. I say it to my sister. I say it when I mean it and not a minute before.

The world needs more "I love you"s and more sincere hugs. All of us seek approval and understanding. We need the validation of our humanity and to know that we are lovable. Maybe when there is love flowing freely in the world, it will wash out the hate and bring us to some kind of peace.

And on that note, I'm going to drag out my copy of "10 Questions for the Dalai Lama" and watch it. There is a man who is compassion incarnate.

Peace - D

3 comments:

david mcmahon said...

I hope those words never go out of fashion. I say them to my kids several times a day - but it never sounds boring or repetitive.

highlander1463 said...

I love you...

CrazyCath said...

Never underestimate the power of those words and your ability to say them. Your tackling of the issue here is as valid as anyone else's. I think it is a great post. Thanks for stopping by mine and your lovely comments.