Wednesday, April 23, 2008

House for Sale: $100

You heard me. The house will cost $100 to the right writer.

A couple in Colorado is doing what some other families have done in a tough housing market with intense economic pressure. They have gotten creative and asked others to do the same. Wes Ludlow and J.J. Rodgers are putting their house up as the prize to one lucky writer. With a $100 entry fee and the best 500-word essay, you get the keys to this lovely lodge in Red Feather Lakes, CO. **new owner must pay the taxes on the winnings.

The asking price for the house is $200,000, but despite lowering the asking price several times, the house didn't sell. So they are hoping to get 2,000 entries into the contest. A panel of judges (not including the sellers) will choose the winning essay, and it can be on any topic.

Yes, you'd better believe I entered the contest. Who knows? Maybe I'll keep entering these contests and build up my own real estate portfolio. What better way to earn through writing? If you fancy yourself a good writer, give me some competition! Check it out for yourself. You can link to all of the info above, including the contest rules. If they don't get 2,000 entries, they will return the essays and the money to each contestant. What have you got to lose?

I think this is a pretty cool idea, myself. Maybe it will become the future of real estate, at least in tough markets.

Happy writing! D

8 comments:

AlasMyDear said...

that's a pretty neat idea! all the best to you for the contest :)

your profile About Me made me laugh so much, btw!

Shrinky said...

What fab fun lateral thinking! I hope they get lots of entries and make a huge profit. As for you, dear lady - with your talent, it wshould be a steal (remember to invite me over once you've settled in).

Sandy said...

I wish you much luck in the contest. It's a lovely place. Thanks for stopping by my spot. My grandma wore an apron, my mom wore an apron and I used to wear an apron. They are a wonderful thing!

Hilary said...

I wish you much luck in the contest. How cool would that be if you won! Thanks for your visit to my blog. :)

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Good luck, hon! If you win, party at your Colorado place? I'm so there with the kegs! :-)

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

That is a GENIUS idea. It's win-win for everyone involved. Good luck to you, I hope you win!

San said...

That is innovative marketing at its best. And yes, I do see your real estate portfolio expanding. And when you come to your Colorado lodge, you will be just a state away from me. I will visit you because I like your place better than mine!

But right now I'm going to hurry back to my blog and add you to my blogroll. Fast. Before I forget.

Momma said...

I swear I posted replies earlier today, but the blog monster ate them! Here I go one more time:

alasmydear - Thanks for stopping by (all the way from Singapore!) Glad you liked my post and profile!

Shrinky - Ooh, I hope you're right and thanks for the compliment! Good writing, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

Sandy - I'm not sure why aprons went away. Like I said, I still have one, but I rarely use it. Of course, with the way I cook, I need a jumpsuit!

Hilary - It would be cool indeed. I've written my entry, and I'm quite happy with it. I can't share it here because the essay will become the property of the owners. I don't want to do anything to screw up!

CMGD - I SO want to throw a big party. Doesn't it look like a nice place?

BBM - Yep, it's a win-win situation. I hope the owners and I both win!

San - I'm honored to be added to your blogroll! I love your blog, by the way. I hope to be a close neighbor someday!