Monday, April 21, 2008

I met NATUI!


Hello all -

I'm happy to say that despite our lousy weather in Maryland yesterday, a fellow blogger and I got together for a nice cup of coffee and a chat. Not Afraid to Use It sent me an email to let me know she'd be in my neck of the woods and asked if I'd like to get together. But of course! Sundays are my days reserved to relax and prepare for the week ahead.

She brought along the family, so I got to meet Mr. NATUI, LittleBird, and LittleMan. The kids were gorgeous and well-behaved. They kept Mr. Poetic License entertained ;-)

We don't have any stories about accidentally swapped credit cards (see her blog about her last meet-up with Coal Miner's Granddaughter.) In fact, Mr. PL and I got there a little ahead of them and managed to snag a couple of tables and enough chairs for us all. Mr. NATUI spotted a high chair in the corner which I'd never noticed before and brought it over for LittleMan. (Do parents have some kind of super vision? Or are these child-friendly devices cloaked in parents-only fairy dust? Honestly, I've been going to that Starbucks for years and never knew they had a high chair!)

We talked hockey (lots of hockey), kids, crazy mixed drinks (see her Saturday blog), rude people in stores, and just life in general. It was great!

LittleBird was fascinated with the M&Ms in her cookie. Apparently M&Ms are a recent discovery for her, and she decided to eat them out of the cookie before eating the cookie itself. She also shared her butterflies with us and taught us all about pirate drinks and talking like a pirate. (Oh, and let's not forget BABY JAGUAR!!!) I can say unequivocally that she is adorable and one sweet little girl. Her brother is a little more reserved and is the quietest baby I've encountered in a looooong time. :-)

We had a wonderful time, and it was as if we had known each other forever. She was my first commenter last fall when I was wondering how in the world to find other bloggers and how the whole world of blogging worked. I learned so much from reading her blog and others that are linked on her page. Eventually I became the blogger I am today. :-D

I hope that we'll meet up again soon. If she liked our Costco and Wal-Mart and found the illusive mini-quiches, I suspect she'll be back. And Starbucks will never be the same!


(Did you ever see the episode of Friends where they all went to the Caribbean and Monica's hair just kept getting bigger? Yeah, mine is pretty much a barometer like that, too. :-) My hair just kept getting bigger along with the storms yesterday...)

Have a great week, everyone, and look up a fellow blogger in your neighborhood!

Peace - D

10 comments:

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Woo hoo! So glad you guys got the hook up! And you met Mr. NATUI. I'm jealous... :-)

Glad you two had a great time and didn't participate in identity theft!

Daryl E said...

What fun ..its so neat to get to meet the actual people behind the wonderful blogs they share .. and your hair does not look BIG .. I can show you BIG hair.. someday I will post a photo taken in Boston one get-together w/online friends weekend .. it was so humid my hair curled and its usually straight!

Daryl

Not Afraid to Use It said...

What a nice post, D! I will post a MIL Monday just for you today! You did such a damn fine job posting about our coffee date that I feel rather wordless. LOL It was geat to meet you guys too! We will DEF be heading back up that way to do more shopping.

Baroness von Bloggenschtern said...

To say I'm jealous would be a major understatement! I've had the good fortune of e-mailing NATUI back and forth, but I would love to be able to spend some time with her and the NATUI family.

And, to echo Daryl, how cool is it to be able to meet the people behind the blog? Lucky you.And lucky her!

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

Sounds like a blast! I have been trying to get my act together to organize a little day out for Pittsburgh bloggers. Now you've given me that little kick in the rear I needed to get it moving. Thanks!

Momma said...

CMGD - You'll have to come on up! Leave the kids with Ty-man and we'll have a girls' weekend!

Daryl - I used to have Wynona Judd hair. Now that's big!

NATUI - Can't wait to see ya again! Love to all your peeps.

B von B - It was so much fun. Maybe we'll have a big blogger get-together in MD soon!

BBM - Let me guess, you're a Pens fan, right? We talked a lot of hockey yesterday, and right now I'm waiting to see if my Caps finish off this game 6 by holding onto the lead and making it to game 7!

Peace - D

quilly said...

Meeting fellow bloggers is fun. I packed up everything I owned and moved from LAs Vegas to HAwaii because of a fellow blogger -- uhm, make that a blogger fellow ... and hopefully we'll live happily ever after. So far this first year has been grand.

suchsimplepleasures said...

that's so awesome!! i've had the opportunity to speak with some of my blog friends on the phone but i've yet to meet them. one of these days, though!!
thanks for stopping by and commenting!

Maggie May said...

Wow! That was exciting! Nice to see your picture!

Momma said...

Quilly, that's so cool! I wonder how many people have met their spouse or significant other through blogging?

SSP, you know, I found that there was no ice to break. We just knew each other from our forays into each other's world via the blogs. I felt that I'd known her for a long time. I highly recommend it.

Maggie - It's not much of a picture, but it's me!

:-)

Peace - D