Saturday, April 5, 2008

Tomorrow's the MS Walk


I haven't been out for a single planned walk this past week, though I promised myself publicly that I would, in an effort to be ready for tomorrow's MS Walk. Oh well, or as Josie would say, "C'est la vie!" Tomorrow will be here soon enough, and I'll put on my exercise gear and walking shoes and join the ranks of those who are hitting the pavement at 10 a.m. to raise money for Multiple Sclerosis. The proceeds from the Walk will help not only with research but also with services for those who need help in our area. A very worthy reason to get out of bed on a Sunday morning.


Of course, all week they were predicting weather of sun and 65 degrees for Sunday. Now I'm hearing a.m. rain and a high of 55. Not quite as conducive to an outing, but I'll still be there. I'm sure I won't melt ;-)

My husband and son will be joining me in the walk, too, so I'm looking forward to spending a little time with them. My son has been somewhat distant from us the last few days. We've all had so much stress with an extra person (our daughter) in the house and two extra cats (hers) that we've gotten out of our groove.

I don't like how the house feels these days. My husband and I got out and about today to do our Saturday "hunting and gathering" (aka, grocery shopping). When we got home, we decided to turn right around and take the dogs to PetSmart, their favorite place. They love going there, because people go ga-ga over them, two cute bulldogs together (and they always get little dog biscuits at the counter). After we went there, we drove over to Starbucks and got drinks for us and a cup of ice water for the dogs. Of course, the dogs got plenty more attention as we sat outside in the breeze. I'm always amazed at how many people ask, "Are they friendly? Do they bite?" Well, I suppose if provoked they would, but it isn't the first thing in their fuzzy little heads.

It felt good to get out today. The sun was shining and I certainly needed to see something besides the inside of the house. One of the drawbacks of working from home is that I get very lonely for the outside world. Today was a good fix. Tomorrow will be even better. I will be surrounded by people all walking for the same good cause. I've heard that it's quite an emotional day and that I should expect to burst into tears at least once. Gosh, I hope not. Once the waterworks get turned on, it's hard for me to turn them off!

I promise I'll bring along my camera to get some shots of us out there. Plus, I'm told that they will be taking team shots, too. We're a small team, but we've raised a tidy little sum, enough to get MS Walk t-shirts for ourselves. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for reading - Peace - D

3 comments:

Max-e said...

Hi, hope you have a great day and do enjoy the walk

Casdok said...

Im sure you have great fun! A good cause.

Akelamalu said...

What a great cause you are supporting. Not sure when the walk is but I hope you enjoy it and have good weather for it too.

Thanks for popping by to see me and taking the time to comment, I hope you'll call again. :)