Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A very strange day, indeed

Part One: In which we had success!
The poetry reading was a big success tonight, and I hope very much to have some photos sent to me by one of the coordinators who was taking pictures during the presentations. I got to talk to some very nice girls there who were interested in poetry and in engineering. I shared my blog address with them, so I hope they pop in!

Part Two: In which we are a little afraid
I'm not going to make a big deal out of this, but I have discovered something very frightening. Three lumps. One in the right breast. One near my right armpit. One in my right arm. I'm hoping they are just lipomas, but I don't know yet. I talked to the physical therapist and he confirmed that the one on my arm was not a spasm, as he thought it was at first. He got the female massage therapist to come and see if the others were soft tissue. She said they were definitely lumps. Larger than even I thought they were. I became quite frightened. The physical therapist told me to come home and call my doctor right away. I have an appointment for Monday morning, and I've blocked off the whole day. I know that things happen very quickly with these kinds of lumps. Wish me well.

Part Three: In which I am tagged for a meme...
CrazyCath tagged the first five commenters on her post for a meme. I haven't done one in awhile, and I want to wrap up this post with something fun ... so here it is.

You.

Can.

Only.

Type.

One.

Word.


Not as easy as you might think.

Remember: One word answers only.


Here goes...

1. Where is your mobile phone? nightstand
Your significant other?. throne
3. Your hair? graying
4. Your mother? deceased
5. Your father? deceased
6. Your favorite thing? peace
7. Your dream last night? frightening
8. Your favorite drink? coffee
9. Your dream/goal? books
10The room you’re in? secure
11Your ex? non-existent
12Your fear?. loss
13Where do you want to be in 6 years? sailboat
Where were you last night? home
15What you’re not? finished
16Muffins? mmmmm (is that a word?)
17One of your wish list items? health
18Where you grew up? Houston
19The last thing you did? drive
20What are you wearing? nightshirt
21Your TV? WEGA
22Your pets? rotten
. Your computer? Powerbook
24.Your life? mine
25.Your mood? resigned
26.Missing someone? Mom
27.Your car? plush
28.Something you’re not wearing? shoes
29.Favorite Store? Chicos
30 Your summer? pending
31 .Like someone? Everyone
3 Your favorite color? purple
33. When is the last time you laughed? today
34. Last time you cried? Saturday


Who do I tag?

Because she has adorable kids and only has time for one word answers ;-)
Not Afraid to Use It

Because she has been strapped for content lately:
Coal Miner's Granddaughter

Because he doesn't post nearly enough:
Who--But who isn't?

Because she has a "man cold":
Josie

Because I love her blog:
Lori

By the way, if I miss commenting on a few of your posts, please forgive me. It's been a weird week. Love you all!

Peace and good night - D

11 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

I hope the lump situation turns out to be a simple thing! I have had these experiences and endured the frustration of being told it's because I uzed to nurse, because I am 40, because I drink coffee...Get the answers for your peace of mind.

Fun meme. I admire your perseverance.

Thanks for stopping by Writing in Faith.

Baroness von Bloggenschtern said...

Peace to you, too, Momma. I'm sure that I speak for all of your readers when I say that we are all sending positive thoughts your way...

Lori said...

Momma-
OK now I feel like a total ass. I got your comment about the tag and raced right over. I skimmed through until I came to the tag and giggled like an idiot.
It's only now - two hours later - that I have read the post as I should have.
I'm really glad the poetry reading went so well. I absolutely love them. Haven't attended one in ages.
I am keeping happy, positive thoughts for your doctor's appointment Monday. I'm worried about you - but I refuse to worry about your physical state. That has to be / is going to be fine. I just want to you keep your mind in a good space. Think positive. They're probably little benign nodules. Yep. It's decided. That's all they are.
And I'm sending you tons of hugs and kisses for tagging me. I've been all stupid and giggly for hours because of it.
(((OXOXOX)))

Momma said...

Sandy - I hope you're right. I drink coffee (you bet) and I also consumed a lot of soy last year as part of a diet to get my weight down (because it was impacting my health). Now I'm not eating much soy, but the damage may have been done. My therapist had a scare last year with lumps caused by soy consumption. I hope that's all it is. You have a nice blog, by the way, I'll be back.

B von B - {{{HUGS}}} thank you!

Lori - Thanks, sweetie. I know it's all going to be okay. And I can't wait to read your response to the meme!

Peace - D

CrazyCath said...

Hi Momma - prayers are with you. I feel your fear in your writing - fear's ok. We are allowed to be fearful when threatened. I do hope it turns out ok. Will be thinking of you.

Now for your meme - brilliant! And you said purple! That was actually my first reaction, but I wanted to be clear I liked a light purple so went for lavender. Thanks for doing this.

Daryl E said...

Keeping good thoughts for you .. schedule a mammogram ASAP! And report back!

Daryl

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Part 1: Woo hoo! Glad it went so very well!
Part 2: Good Lord, woman. Keep us posted!
Part 3: Wow, that is an interesting meme. I'll do my best to complete it as wonderfully as you, m'dear! This weekend!

Josie said...

Momma, get those looked at as quickly as possible, and then let us know. Chin up!!!

Thanks for tagging me with the meme. It like it and I'm going to play.

Jennifer H said...

I am sending good thoughts and prayers that everything will turn out just fine on Monday. I'm glad you're taking care of it right away. Keep us posted, please.

Chicos is my favorite store, too. :-)

Momma said...

Thank you all for your love and support. I have an early morning appointment scheduled for Monday. I'm consoling myself with the statistic that 80% of these lumps are nothing to worry about. I'm hanging onto that.

Will definitely keep you all posted.

Peace - D

Maggie May said...

Momma, sorry I didn't see the bit about the lumps before. What a worry for you. Wishing you all the best for Monday & hoping its just cysts or something like that.