Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!


Happy Mothers Day!!!

As I promised, I got some pictures to share with you this fine morning (oh, I guess it's afternoon now). My son got up early and made fruit crepes for me with the recipe from Julia Child. The crepes were delicate, with that unique crepe texture, filled with strawberries and blueberries and sprinkled with powdered sugar. Mmmm!

I don't know how long he was out last night, so he made breakfast with his eyeglasses over his bleary eyes and then he went back to bed. See my new glasses? I like them, but guess what. The focal points are not right. If I hold them at a certain point, I can see perfectly, but I can't go around holding my glasses like that, so back they'll go for another try. Since my prescription is so high, if they don't get the measurements just right for where my eyes will focus, they have to remake them. Oh well, it happens.

For Mother's Day, I got a new book (yay!) called America's Hidden History. I'm quite the American History buff, though I wasn't that way in my youth. I think it might have had something to do with how bored my teachers seemed with the subject. They didn't make it exciting enough.

I also got two cards (one from the boy and one from the hubby) and white roses. Now we're getting ready to head out for a Mother's Day coffee and then batten down the hatches for this storm system that is moving through later today. Hmmm...maybe that will be naptime!

I have to make phone calls to my sister and to my brother, who is celebrating his 53rd birthday today. My sister's husband is celebrating his 65th birthday. We're big on birthdays in this family! (I'll be turning 46 on the 19th).

May all of you find some peace and love in your homes today, even if that means sending the kids out to play! :-)

Peace - D

8 comments:

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Sounds like a great day, hon! Thanks for the pictures. Man, those crepes are making me hungry...

Daryl said...

Love those new frames .. they suit you ..

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!!!!


:-Daryl

david mcmahon said...

Have a wonderful Mother's Day. Love your final wish!

Momma said...

CMGD - Those crepes were phenomenal. We have enough left over for dessert crepes, too.

Daryl - Why, thank you! Now I just have to get them adjusted!

David - thanks for popping over! Hope you had a wonderful day with Mrs. AB.

Peace - D

Josie said...

Happy Mother's Day, Momma!!! You look gorgeous in your new glasses, by the way.

My family took me out for dinner to the Boathouse Restaurant in Horseshoe Bay, and it was wonderful. We watched the new ferry docking. It's as big as a cruise ship.

Drank lotsa wine. :-)

Momma said...

Thanks, Josie!!! I left a comment over on your blog about your experience at the restaurant. Sounds like you had a good time anyway.

Peace - D

Not Afraid to Use It said...

Glad you had such a great day! And dessert crepes? Please tell me you did Nutella and bananas!

leslie said...

Hi Momma, glad you had a lovely day and an even better breakfast! My daughter came over and gave me a lovely set of mugs and made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for us. I had seen my other daughter on Friday and took her a Mother's Day card. She wanted to spend the day with her hubby, 4-year-old Noah and 2-month-old Eden. All in all a very nice day. Oh! Also had lunch with a girl friend.

Thanks so much for your comments over on Jaclyn's blog - she needs that sort of communication to know she's not the only one (both with the disorder AND nasty to her Mom - but only at times now).

Love your new glasses and yes, they are a real fashion statement now. Jaclyn refuses to get contacts because she says what you see is what you get.