Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Turn left and go one writer's block...

Some days it is hard to know what to write. My life becomes redundant. Waking up with my lower back on fire? I've written about that, but it doesn't stop. Dealing with my dogs not wanting to go out in the rain? Yeah, that's old hat, too. Inspiration may hit me later today, but for now, I swiped a little bit of self-reflection over at Coal Miner's Granddaughter's place -- and don't worry -- I'm not tagging anyone. Feel free to use this, though, if you find yourself circling the writer' block, lost with a broken GPS.

Where do I feel happy and at peace?
  • Swimming in a warm pool
  • Napping with my pups
  • On the deck of my house, staring out at nature
  • At the beach, where I always feel in touch with God
  • At church during the singing
  • Sitting down to eat dinner with my family
  • Tucked into a chair in a movie theater, watching something amazing
Where do I feel uncomfortable, wishing I were elsewhere?
  • Any time I have to get up and speak (though I make myself do it)
  • At the ER with my daughter, for so many reasons
  • In crowds
  • During any confrontation
  • Job interviews
  • During almost any medical procedure
  • Courtrooms
So there you have it. My musings for a rainy Tuesday morning in which I have to run out for PT at 9.

Peace - D

5 comments:

Daryl said...

I too hate confrontations oh wait that is more than just uncomfortable isnt it... nice MEME and I think I will tuck it away for a day when inspiration seems to have deserted me.

:-Daryl

Maggie May said...

I share all your hates! I share many of your likes! Strange ............!

Momma said...

Daryl - I will look forward to that day! Days without inspiration don't come to me often, but it's nice to have a little prompter when they do come.

Maggie - Funny how that works, isn't it?

Peace - D

Lavinia Ladyslipper said...

Well Momma, here's to hoping you don't have to go to any of those places very often (or at all).

The ER...there's a place with its own particular set of anxieties...I've been there and done that.....its part and parcel of parenthood, I know, but still...

Crowds..that's interesting. They never used to bother me, but almost everyone I know who is my age (lets just say "the wrong side of forty") feels the same way. Can't stand them crowds.

But I love your peaceful places....very very nice feelings conjured up by being in those places.

Momma said...

Lavinia - Yes, my "happy" places are just that. Quite happy. :-)

Peace - D