Thursday, June 26, 2008

Alphabetical Poetess

I pilfered this from Lime so that I could leave you with a little slice of Poetic License each day while I am absent from the computer. If all works out correctly, you'll be reading this while I'm engaged in a 12-hour drive (I'm just passively sitting in the passenger seat) to Orange Park, FL, for my husband's uncle'e memorial service. It is going to be a whirlwind trip, and we'll be exhausted at the end of it. So maybe I'll create 4 posts for the "away" time. Happy reading - D

A is for your age:
46

B is for your burger of choice:
Bison burger with lettuce, tomato, red onions, ketchup, and mustard

C is for the car that you drive:
A midnight blue Saturn Aura

D is for dog’s name:
Bodhi, Lily, and Leo - my three bulldogs, though Leo is deceased now.

E is for an essential item you use each day:
Toothbrush

F is for your favorite television show:
Lost!

G is for favorite game:
It's a tie between Scrabble and Trivial Pursuit.

H is for hometown:
If we're talking current hometown, it would be Frederick, MD, birthplace of Francis Scott Key. Previous hometowns included Jacksonville, NC; Kill Devil Hills, NC; Marietta, GA; Houston, TX; Fitzgerald, GA; Douglas, GA (birthplace); and Seattle, WA.

I is for instruments played:
Nothing currently. I used to play piano and bass guitar.

J is for favorite juice:
Orange or apple.

K is for what you’d like to kick:
Karl Rove's head. Seriously, it's huge!

L is for last restaurant you dined at:
Cracker Barrel. I had a hankering for some turnip greens.

M is for your favorite Muppet:
Animal. The drummer.

N is for number of piercings you have:
I have double-pierced ears, but they've closed up. Does that count?

O is for overnight hospital stays:
Oh my gosh, so many. Too many to count. The food is horrible, the beds make me ache, and I get so tired of the lab personnel waking me up to take yet another couple of tubes of blood.

P is for people you were with today:
My husband, our son, and our pets. Pets are people, too.

Q is for what you do in quiet times:
Read, pray, meditate.

R is for regrets:
I've had a few...

S is for status:
Breathing. Stable.

T is for time you woke up today:
6:57 (and I'm writing this on a Saturday)

U is for what you consider unique:
Clouds

V is for favorite vegetable:
Yellow squash

W is for your worst habit:
Not exercising.

X is for x-rays you have had:
X-rays, MRIs, CT scans...I've had them all. Everywhere.

Y is for yummy food you ate today:
Coffee. That's a food, right?

Z is for zodiac sign:
Traditional--Taurus. Chinese--Tiger.

5 comments:

Daryl said...

Love it .. travel safe .. you will still be missed!

:-Daryl

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Hmmmm, might have to steal this one! And? Finally watching Lost on DVD. First season. Yeah, I'm just a little bit behind. :)

San said...

Astrologically we should get along--your bull to my virgin. Except in the Chinese calendar--would your tiger eat my snake?

And yes, coffee is MOST DEFINITELY a food.

Safe travels...

Lavinia Ladyslipper said...

Momma, you sure have lived in a lot of places...and called a lot of places home. I like the format of this list.

Yellow squash your favourite veggie? That's unique! But it is a very versatile veggie, isn't it.

So you are a taurus..so is my daughter. Determination is a hallmark of this zodiac sign, but I suppose you already knew that.

Animal the drummer...I haven't thought of him in years, but he was awfully endearing, wasn't he?!

Finally, yes, I couldn't agree more: Pets *are* people too...

Enjoyable post!

Not Afraid to Use It said...

Ah, can I just add ONE more crazy bit of karma to the day we are having? Tiger here, too. And until just recently, I've been wearing the Chinese tiger symbol around my neck. Yup. This is officially weird. I think I need a drink. Off to a Starbucks. LOL