Thursday, June 12, 2008

Fresh Launch

Hello all -

I'm still waiting to hear something back from the neurosurgeon, but I'm not giving up. I left another message with his secretary. Eventually I will hear from him. It's just the way things are at Johns Hopkins. They are busy and are terrible with communicating. After asking the question "For those of you who have had the surgery, would you do it again?" on the Yahoo support group for Chiari, the resounding answer was YES. Only two people said they might not, and one of those is only a week post-op. Understandable.

Tomorrow I'll be seeing myPCP because I'm so sleepy. I don't know if it's related to the CM1 or not, but I can barely stay awake. We're talking 2 naps a day and a full night's sleep. If I didn't know better, I'd say it was mono, but I know better. I think.

Even with the fatigue, I managed to do something I've been meaning to do -- launch my new blog! It won't replace this one, but it will give me a place to put my religious thoughts and notes. Please take a moment, if you're interested, to stop by Bidden or Not Bidden. I would love to see you there, too.

Work is over for the day. Gotta get a nap before dinner. Zzzzzzz....

Peace - D

5 comments:

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

I'm keeping up hope for you and fingers crossed. Enjoy that nap!

Momma said...

Thanks so much, Heather! :-)

Peace - D

Lavinia Ladyslipper said...

Wow a new blog! I hope you find it helpful. I will saunter over and take a look...

Maggie May said...

You know the other day I visited here & I read the symptoms of this Chiari thing & was horrified that I have so many of these symptoms! I left quickly with out commenting!
Maybe I'm a hypochondriac!
I have bookmarked your new blog & will read later.

Momma said...

Lavinia - Thank you, dear, and I hope that you like it.

Maggie - Conservative estimates say that .1% (1 in 1000) people have Chiari malformation. Hopefully you don't! It's terribly painful!

Hugs all - Peace - D