Sunday, June 1, 2008

Good Things Cometh My Way


Oh yes, my friends, good things are coming my way.

First off, Lavinia Ladyslipper over at The Birdbath Chronicles bestowed a new award on me. Here it is:

I am so honored by this! If you haven't read Lavinia, she has a nice blog with great artwork that is like taking a walk in a beautiful garden. Check her out.

Now I just need to figure out how to create a page and put all my bling there. Maybe I'll talk to Heather or Jennifer about that. Otherwise, my side panel is going to start looking a little messy. How blessed am I?

Another good thing that came my way this week is that I was asked to be a guest editor on the latest issue of Constellation, my alma mater's literary magazine. I'm honored! As I told the hubby yesterday, some of the most rewarding work I've had has been volunteer. My involvement with the English department at the college has been amazing. It has benefited me as well as them, because I've grown as a poet while working with them and I have been able to encourage other fledgling poets, too.

More later. I am off to get ready for a busy morning. There are days (like today) when I'd rather pull the covers up over my head and go back to sleep, but then that wouldn't really make me happy, would it?

Peace - D

14 comments:

Akelamalu said...

Congrats on the award and the invite to be guest editor. :)

I put my awards on a 'slide' show as they were making my sidebar go on forever. :)

Don Mills Diva said...

An award AND a publishing opportunity? Good things indeed and well deserved.

Daryl said...

Well done .. and well deserved!

:-Daryl

Momma said...

Thanks all! Is life fun or what?

Peace - D

david mcmahon said...

That's brilliant news all round. Congratulations on everything!

Sandy said...

Congratulations!

I am so delighted you stopped by my spot today. Glad you liked the "coffee"!

Maggie May said...

Congratulations! You deserve it!

Baroness von Bloggenschtern said...

A big Wa HOO to you for your award, and for your guest editorialship.

What a way to start a Monday, non?

david mcmahon said...

In reply to your comment about my pirate - he was a good sport. I don't think he'd have made me walk the clank, er, plank!

Momma said...

David - Always nice to see you here! Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy - Loved the coffee. Thanks for sharing it.

Maggie - thanks!!! Nice to see you here.

B von B - Indeed! It was a great way to start.

Peace - D

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Woo hoo! Awesome about being a guest editor for the literary mag! You go, woman!

And? Just create a post and put all your awards in the post. I would back-date it to the beginning of your blog so it won't show up as a new post. Then, put a link to the post in your side bar. That's how I did mine!

Love you, hon! :-)

highlander1463 said...

More for the resume dear. I am still waiting on the book contract so we can retire.

-P

Childlife said...

Congratulations, Miss Soon-To-Be-Editor! That's fabulous! :)

Congrats on the award too -- looks like the beginnings of a lovely week ;)

Momma said...

CMGD - So glad to see you back!!! I missed you!

Highlander - That's what I love about you. Undying support so you can retire! ;-)

Childlife - Yes, it is a stellar week!

Peace - D