Wednesday, June 25, 2008

On the Road Again

I can't tell you how much it means to me that several of you responded to let me know that, not only will everything will be okay, everything will be great. It's amazing to have friends all over the world like this. Wish I could reach out and hug each one of you.

The truth is, I can't write when I'm as stressed out as I have been recently. On top of that, when you live your life this publicly, you have to be careful how much you reveal. It stays in the ether forever (or at least for a very long time).

The problem is being worked out, but it has wrecked a bit of the joyous groove I had going on. I hope to get that back soon. I think that when we find our joy, it sometimes frightens the people around us. They miss the old person we used to be. But I liked - no, I like, I love - the new me. I feel like my authentic self for the first time in many, many years. So that's what I'm getting back to now.

It was a major bump in the road, but the Earth didn't open to swallow me up or anything. I am resilient. One thing I did realize, certainly, was that my body doesn't respond well to stress anymore. The pain I was in Monday and Tuesday? ((shudder)) I really should have gone to the hospital for a shot. I should never have let it get that bad that I couldn't get out of bed.

Well, it's over now and I survived it. Now we are getting in the car at 5:30 am for a quick trip down to Florida for hubby's uncle's memorial service. I have a couple of scheduled posts for while I'm gone, because all day Thursday and Saturday will be one long car ride. All day Friday will be services and family. It won't be easy, but it will be worth it. If you aren't there for your family, you're missing out, you know? And I'm tired of missing out.

So I leave you with a video from before the time of over-produced music videos. A little road boogie please....D

4 comments:

Daryl said...

Nice!!!!!!!!!


And support and kind words are what friends are for/about

:-Daryl

Not Afraid to Use It said...

That's why we need wireless internet in cars. My girlfriend is on a roadtrip from ATL to Detroit. While her hubbie drives she gets to blog. No fair!!!

I hope your trip goes as smoothly as possible.

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

We'll miss you, but I'm glad you're happy with your new self. Sorry you've had a bunch of stress and that it has caused you pain. Be safe on your trip to Florida and "see" you when you get back! Love you!

Momma said...

Daryl - Glad you liked the boogie. Figured you would :-)

NATUI - We are thinking of going to Verizon wireless in September when our contract runs out. One thing I want is a card for the Mac that will let me surf Verizon from the road. I would have been a MUCH happier camper if I could have blogged...

CMGD - I'm home safely. And I have a TON of unread blog entries...Oy!

Peace - D