Sunday, June 22, 2008

Word Salad

Some days my words don't come out right. This morning in a class at church, we had to take turns reading paragraphs in a section of our guide. I could feel my brain disconnecting with my mouth - word salad came out. Transposed words, a stumble. I started over and had another cup of coffee :-) Fortunately they know me there and didn't think a thing of it.

When Brian over at The Cheek of God posted a couple of "if you're bored..." posts last week, I flagged them for later usage. I thought this Wordle suggestion was appropriate in light of my stumbling speech this morning.

This Wordle is based on a poem I wrote about my mother's gardens:

And this one is based on an essay I wrote about how I came to fall in love with my Russian Blue mix, CC. Kinda looks like her from an aerial view:

Just go to Wordle, paste in some text and play around with it. Fun stuff, especially if you're experiencing a little word salad of your own. Peace - D

7 comments:

MamaGeek said...

Ha! I sense hours of time being wasted by myself real soon. What a fun idea!

Lavinia Ladyslipper said...

I tried it...me likey! Isn't the web great for connecting in a creative way and seeing how other's minds work...

tysdaddy said...

Very cool Wordles. I'm glad you enjoyed that . . .

Maggie May said...

That is a bit beyond me! I would not be able to do it but it looks a good design.

Momma said...

Mamageek - Thanks for stopping by! I read your blog daily. Have fun with the Wordles.

Lavinia - Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Tysdaddy - Yes, this was a great one! I always appreciate those tips for when you're bored.

Maggie - It was really simple and fun. You don't have to move any text around. Just copy, paste, and select a layout and/or color scheme.

Peace - D

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

I LOVE the wordle with the poem about your cat. I can't wait to try that out for myself. Thanks, hon!

CrazyCath said...

That's cool! I love words and playing with words.
This is for me! I'm off.....