Monday, July 7, 2008

Apparently, You have to Finalize and Apply (the) Handbrake

This video is rough, because I haven't played with it to add music or anything - but? I won! I beat the camera problem that had me wondering if I was starting that long downhill slide toward technological brain death.

At Best Buy this weekend, I was contemplating how I should tackle the problem next. I finally started talking to the camera rep about whether a Firewire cable would work, because I had a $53 multi-cable in my hand. We discussed the problem at length, and then? He led me over to the Apple representative. The angels sang. I had no idea they were now carrying Apple products. And to think, I had just been wandering around the store wistfully reminiscing about when I used to be able to go get all my Apple fixes at CompUseless or at the Apple store in Bethesda when I worked down there.

The very nice Apple rep talked to me about the problem and said he had just helped another customer with the same issue. He said what I needed to do was to Finalize Disk when I had the camera plugged into the Firewire or USB port on the MacBook Pro. iMovie would pop up and let me import the image.

Well, it wasn't quite that easy, because I couldn't go directly into iMovie. It did pop up, but what I had to do was copy the video into a folder on my laptop and then download a freeware tool (I chose Handbrake) to convert the files to MP4s. Ta-Da! Now I can watch the footage in QuickTime and edit in iMovie.

This video, as I said, is a little rough right now, but it's so cute, don't you agree?

8 comments:

jenniferw said...

Well shut my mouth, that is cute. Those dogs are hilarious. Good job, Momma!

Daryl said...

Well done ... adorable and its a good video!!!!!!!!!!!!


:-Daryl

K.C. said...

Awwwww... they made me smile! So cute... Kayce

Akelamalu said...

Great job on the video and well done for working it out!

Jay said...

I'm glad you got it figured out! And yes, those dogs are very cute!

But what is the first one doing with that green thing? LOL!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Yeah! Glad you figured out the problem and now you're vlogging! Woo hoo!

And? Cute vid. Those dogs aren't rotten. Not at all. :)

Momma said...

JenniferW - Thanks! They are cute, aren't they?

Daryl - Thanks! I felt so good when I completed this.

K.C. - They make me smile every day.

Akela - Yeah, it was awesome to be able to finally beat that problem.

Jay - That is Bodhi's way of soothing himself. He grabs a plush toy and sucks on it till he falls asleep. Like a dog pacifier.

CMGD - You think? They are so completely rotten. I tell people before they come to my house that these dogs are my babies. Be prepared to deal with hugs, kisses, hair, and drool. When you leave my house, you know you've been loved.

Peace - D

Not Afraid to Use It said...

Congrats on figuring it all out! They are adorable! I look forward to your next video adventure!