But it's not easy. If you'll notice, I've set my template to something rather generic for now while I work on coming up with something genius. I've reorg'd a bit in the sidebar, and I've re-added my blog roll, which sorely needs to be updated and moved under a link. All of this is coming. I have the new template idea in my head, but I don't really "do" CSS. I'll have to learn a few tricks and find just the right image for the header.
Most of this is due to the blog review of yesterday, but it's good change.
The hardest part is that I'm having to do some soul searching to figure out if I want to continue on the same path of writing I've been doing on this blog, split myself into multiple blogs, or conform. I'm not much of a conformer, but I - like any blogger - want readers. To get readers, there's a certain amount of conforming one must do.
If I were to split into multiple blogs, there would be so many options. I already have Bidden or Not Bidden, which chronicles my return to faith after many, many years away. I have another blog where I pour out the angst I have over a mentally ill family member. I keep it quite separate, thank you very much. And this blog, which seems to be all over the map, needs a point, much like little Oblio in The Point. My writing style was described as somewhat formal, in the review. I suppose that comes from being a trained writer and academic. I have trouble using a lot of slang (though it has its place in some of my posts) and cliches. I don't want to just be a "me, too" blogger, rife with cynical humor and sadomasochistic references.
Possible blogs I could write?
- Where are We Going? And Why Am I in This Handbasket? (Confessions of a lost wanderer)
- Write This! (All things writing and grammar)
- No, Seriously. The Other One was Mine. (You figure it out)
- Sing, Sing a Song (Second soprano warbling through time--includes a trip through heavy metal)
- Drama Queen (Not very original, but hey, I was president of the Drama Club in HS)
- So Many Notches, So Few Bedposts (Chronicles of my rather interesting youth)
- Every Decade a New Me (My multiple personalities take center stage)
- Sunday Soapbox (A weekly column on the idiocy and injustice of the world)
- Now THAT'S Funny! (My warped sense of humor drives a jacked-up pickup truck)
- Miss Marple Goes to Tea (The polite me who tries so hard to be good)
Stay tuned while I adjust the feed. The fault does not lie with your set...
Peace - D