Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Not in the Pink Today

Hello my friends -

This will be a very short post to let you know that yes, I did write last night, despite feeling tired and grouchy. The grouchiness went away when I started writing. I must say that I'm quite happy with my first 6 chapters that that I think I can get things back on track. I worked on my novel last night, and I managed to squeeze in a little research for the technical series.

Today, though, I seem to have come down with some kind of virus. The morning served me with a large dose of pain in my left side, leading me to believe that I had overdone it on the coffee. Felt like ulcer-type pain. I chewed up some Tums, took a Prevacid, and got to work. The day got worse, however. I ended up calling it quits at 1145 and going face down in the mattress.

The bright spot of my day was the arrival of my new pink Palm Centro (phone/PDA/GPS/web browser/mail getter/little love device!). It's now programmed and charged. I even synced it up with my MacBook Pro. However, I did none of this until after I slept for a good four hours.

I'm on my way back to the pillows, resting to try and get in a full day tomorrow. I won't be reading any more blogs tonight, but I'll check in with you all tomorrow.

Peace - D

10 comments:

Jo said...

I hope you're feeling better now. Pain like that can be debilitating. I overdid with some raw onions last week. Big mistake.

In case you missed it on your last post, here is the link to my new blog.

I love your new picture. You're very pretty!

Cheers!
Josie

Jay said...

I hope you feel better today! That was a particularly vivid description of how you felt - 'going face down on the mattress'. You have my sympathies.

Pretty phone, though!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Feel better, darlin'! Glad you got your new toy... oops! phone. :) And love the new profile picture!

Kathryn said...

Wow. What a day! I hope you are feeling better now.
What a cool phone/computer! And pretty too! :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I really appreciate it. :)

Jennifer H said...

Gosh, I hope you're feeling better today?

Your new gadget is exciting! I'm sure you'll love it. Can't wait to get something similar.

Not Afraid to Use It said...

Man, I am pink with envy! Love that new gadget!

And btw, am LOVING that you are using the RiverPoet handle again. It just suits you so well.

RiverPoet said...

Josie - Thanks! I figured I'd let you all see how the silver transition is going!

Jay - Hey, I tell it like it is. And I was in bed until nearly 10 am this morning, too. Whatever I picked up, I'm ready to put it down!

CMGD - And I'm loving this new toy. Texting is a lot easier now.

Kathryn - Thanks - It's a really handy device, and it syncs up perfectly with my MacBook - YAY!

Jennifer - I used to fight going for anything pink, but heck. I'm embracing it now. It's PRETTY! And if I weren't so *ahen* advanced in years, I would put some bling on it.

NATUI - Thanks, sweetie! That means a lot to me, particularly since you've met the Poet in person! :-) Hope you get tickets to the concert, by the way!

Peace - D

Daryl said...

Pretty ... and compatible to Mac .. nicccce!

Use it in the best of wireless connectivity and health!

:-Daryl

tysdaddy said...

Way to keep up with the writing. I imagine it isn't easy. Hang in there.

And I'm liking the new picture. Your smile is there. Nice!!1

Lavinia Ladyslipper said...

Hello Riverpoet. I am glad that you take care of yourself and heed your body's signals for rest. That rest probably does you as much if not more good than anything else. I know it may feel like one is giving in and giving up by heading to bed, but the body knows what it needs. Some people ignore pain and carry on...but its at their peril.

I am glad you are making progress on the writing! You seem to have a tremendous will and determination...