Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Receiving a Little Kindness

A woman of true beauty, my blogger friend Baroness von Bloggenschtern reached out to me through the ether and gave me a wonderful gift. Because she had read of the kind of pain I'd been in of late, she wanted to give me something that might help me. She sent me a CD called "Interior Design: Guided Imagery Meditations for Healing and Pain Relief" which is by a lovely woman from Vancouver called Cathy Netter Bregman. I can't wait to listen to it. Last night I had a massage, though, so I passed out as soon as I hit the pillow. This CD is going to be right by my bed so that when the pain crescendoes once more, I can put this baby on and get through it.

I love it when the blogging world reaches out. I hope to pass on this act of kindness for someone else out there when they are in need.

Peace - D

9 comments:

Daryl said...

What a nice thing to do ... and a massage is truly the best medicine there is .. short of well .. illegal substances from the 60s


:-Daryl

Jay said...

That was very sweet of her! And knowing you're being thought of with love is healing, too, isn't it?

Glad you slept well last night!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

That was just so very nice of her! I certainly hope it helps with the pain management! Love you, darlin'!

Sandy said...

I agree. A massage is the best thing ever! I do hope you are feeling better.

If you would like to stop over at my spot, I have tagged you. If you would like to play along, that is great. If you don't, that is OK too. :-)

CrazyCath said...

That is a lovely gesture and I hope you are feeling better soon. A massage always helps.
You also have passed kindness on, and I have finally acknowledged it in my last post. Thank you.

RiverPoet said...

Daryl - (chuckle) Whatever do you mean? :-D

Jay - Oh yeah...It's so nice to know that someone deeply cares out there in the blogosphere, although from the comments I receive, there are a whole lot of caring people around.

CMGD - I know! I'm not looking forward to more pain, but it will be cool to see how this works! Color me excited!

Sandy - Going to check it out now!

Cath - Awwww! Thanks! I'm glad it made you feel good :-)

Peace - D

david mcmahon said...

Hope the pain recedes and doesn't return.

Baroness von Bloggenschtern said...

Oh, my. I just popped by, and thought I recognized that old(ish) bat in the fancy hat! I graciously accept your thanks, but you didn't have to waste valuable post real estate on me.

Save it for the post where you tell us how you're feeling a little better. THIS we all want to read!!

Hugs, B von B

Not Afraid to Use It said...

B von B is the bomb. Love her! And I hope it works for you!