Thursday, July 10, 2008

You Know You're Aging When

...the first two things you reach for when you roll out of bed are coffee and your heat pack.

...you start to understand why elastic waists are so awesome (not that I have any...).

...you begin to look forward to the AARP discounts ("Gee, I'm almost old enough for that!").

...a simple stroll might result in intractable hamstring pain.

...you begin to think the sound of a little one saying "Gramma?" would be amazing.

...naps are your best friend.

...you stop thinking of them as "sensible shoes" and just think of them as shoes.

...you simply forget that you ever had to deal with tampons, pads, or the like (granted, my love affair with those items ended after a surgery).

...you find hair in places it should never be, and it grows inches overnight!

This is all I can think of right now, but I may come up with more as we go along in this blog. It doesn't always suck getting older, just sometimes.

Peace - D

5 comments:

Daryl said...

Had to laugh a bit ... IMO for what THAT is worth (not much, let me tell you) its all in your head ... and when you go silver it will be all over your head .. I am being silly ... I sure understand how some mornings its not easy .. some afternoons too .. heck some YEARS ...

:-Daryl

Maggie May said...

I seem to wake up earlier & earlier! And the first thing I do is get to the bathroom! Next I turn on the computer!
Those wretched hairs growing out of moles & things!
Any shoe that doesn't hurt is a bonus!
Trying to read in a bad light! Oh, I could go on but it's too depressing.

Momma said...

Well, I hope it made you laugh, since that is what it was meant to do. I had to laugh at myself this morning :-)

Peace - D

Formerly Fun said...

Ok, a good esthetician can help you out with the fast-growing hair, wherever it is, be it chin or cha-cha.

I used to wear heels constantly, even at work, 10 hours on my feet! Then I had kids and spent time in flats while I was preggers(I couldn't balance the giant belly on heels). I never went back. I put them on for the hubs now and then and always suffer for it later. I told him after a recent bought with blisters and backpain, I'll only wear them in bed from now on.

BTW, you look beautiful in your picture so old, schmold.

RiverPoet said...

Formerly Fun -

"Cha-cha"? I love that! :-)

Yes, age is just a number, but if you don't laugh about it, some days you'll cry. Most of the time I find this journey to be amazing. It's certainly better than the alternative!

Peace - D