Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy Birthday, Big Guy!

Christmas 2006

Graduation Day, 2005


His 13th Birthday (with big sis and best friend)


21 years ago, at 12:45 pm in Jacksonville, NC, a little boy was born. He was 8 lbs. 3 oz. and was as solid a baby as I've ever seen. Though we had some pressure to name him after his father and grandfather (so he would have been the III), we gave him a first name of his own. His middle name, however, carries on a tradition of each eldest son in the family almost since they immigrated to the U.S. from Hungary.

He's come a long way since that day. There have been good times and bad times, but he has grown into quite a wonderful young man. He's smart, funny, kind, and philosophical. I can't wait to see where he goes from here.

In Hawaii, doing some crafts, 2002

I love you son,

Mom

(P.S. - Nana loved you, too)


14 comments:

Not Afraid To Use It said...

Happy birthday man! Just remember to keep on being nice to your mom and dad! Just bc you are one year older doesn't mean that you don't have to check in with them anymore! ;)

Hilary said...

Aww how sweet. Happy Birthday to your son. :)

Akelamalu said...

Happy Birthday to your son and many happy returns.

tysdaddy said...

Your son sounds like a wonderful young man. Oh, to be 21 again!

Happy Birthday, Dude! Your mom is swell . . .

Philosophy, eh? Right up my alley . . . We'll have to do Starbucks in tweed one day . . .

Employee No. 3699 said...

Happy Birthday to your son. My, he's tall!

Daryl said...

Happy Birthday .. and many many more .. you are one truly loved young man!

And your mom is a special person

:-Daryl

San said...

A handsome young man. Happy Birthday to The Big Guy!

And the 21st birthday is a big occasion. My daughter's occurred last fall. I probably cried a bit, but it's such a joy to see your child come into his/her power as a good person, a loving person. A person who's been loved. I better shut up before your son snaps off the computer in disgust at my sentimentality.

:-D

RiverPoet said...

Thank you all for your comments! He has had a great birthday and is out with his oldest friend Travis (shown in the picture of the 13th b-day party) to actually go to a club and not get the big X on the back of his hand!

Love to you all - D

Sean said...

A BAR, mom, a BAR. Hah. Thank you all for your comments!

Suldog said...

Well, I guess I came over here just in time! Happy Birthday, Big Guy!

(And thank you, Mom, for stopping by at my place, and for the kind words. I did have a suggestion for naming your car, by the way. You can read it in reply to your comment.)

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

WOW! 21. What a great birthday! Have a great one, sweetie! (Yes, I can call you sweetie. I'm old enough to be your... babysitter. :) )

leslie said...

May I join in wishing your son a wonderful birthday. May he have many happy and healthy years ahead of him! :D

Lavinia said...

A big happy birthday to the birthday boy! 21 is quite a milestone....I think you've given him a good foundation upon which to begin his adult life....take a bow, mom, you should be very proud! I wish for him a future of health, love, and happiness.

SandyCarlson said...

Happy birthday, indeed!