Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Blog Love

I just have to say that I love you guys; I really love you (say it with a Sally Field voice!). Thank you so much for your suggestions and support about the weight issues two days ago, and thank you for your support during my very weird sick day yesterday. Today was a 180-degree difference from yesterday.

One thing I want to point out to my visitors and friends is that currently I respond to your comments within the comments section. The primary reason I do this is because I am often logged into an alternate partition on my Mac and don't have access to my email client. That makes things squirrelly (yes, that's my technical term for it) for sending mail. Comments just work better. So I hope you always come back and see my response to you.

As to the weight, currently I'm keeping a food journal and writing down everything I'm eating. I have found a couple of gotchas already. If I eliminate those, I think it will make a dent. It's amazing how quickly the calories and carbs add up. As any of you who has lost weight (especially a lot of weight) in the past knows, you just don't want to go back down that same road. It's much easier to deal with a 10-15 lbs loss than a 60 lb loss. Time to nip this in the bud.

That's all I have tonight. Hubby leaves for his first of many business trips tomorrow morning at 3 a.m. We have lots of experience with one or the other of us traveling, so it shouldn't bother us, but I think we've gotten used to being together. Weird, huh?

For now...goodnight. I'm going to watch the rest of Biggest Loser and remind myself that I once tried to get in for an interview to be on that show. No more!

Peace - D

9 comments:

Jo said...

I'm just catching up on my blogging, and I read about your weight loss of 60 lbs. My gosh, you should be so proud of yourself. Don't beat yourself up if you fluctuate a little bit. I think you have it under control.

Sometimes we are our own worst enemies.

Hilary said...

I'll echo Jo here.. she's a wise lady. Go RP!

the walking man said...

Naw...the fashinistas never caught up to me. But then I have been told by more than a few people I should have been an adult in the 50's.

*shrug*

Glad you're doing better RP.

Mental P Mama said...

Yeah, what Jo said. I watched the Biggest Loser for the first time last night, and it was hard to follow...all the contests. But those are some determined people, and they should all be commended for trying to get their lives back. On another note, I had a WW weigh-in last night that was not pretty. Back in the saddle this morning;) By the way, we will all keep you company while hubby is away.

Jay said...

'It's much easier to deal with a 10-15lb loss than a 60lb loss'

Thank you for that - you are SO right, and I needed that reminder!

I'm glad you're feeling better about it all, and that you've picked up on a couple of things you can change. It's encouraging, isn't it?

Me, I've decided not to worry too much right now, since it's OH's birthday, then our anniversary, then my birthday, all within a fortnight. LOL!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

So glad that you feel better, hon!

Daryl said...

Glad today is better ... glad you are keeping that food diary ... be good to yourself!!!!!!!

:-Daryl

San said...

Sorry I missed your earlier post, Doris, but I'm glad that things improved. Now I'll read the earlier post. I hope I don't annoy by moving in descending chronological order.

Not Afraid to Use It said...

I think I must have missed some key posts here and am going to have to backtrack. For now, be forwarned that all bets are off if you eat at my house. Creamy sauces, cheeses, and all the other lovely fattening things will be served. I've just found a brilliant new crostini recipe appetizer recipe. I can't help myself!! LOL