Monday, September 15, 2008

Less than Seven


I've been honored with yet another award. Do I need to tell you how much I love getting these awards? To open up a post and see my blog name there with such nice comments, well, it's special.

Fat, Frumpy & Fifty hasn't been blogging overly long, but she has a great little space in the blogosphere. Be sure to check her out! She generously gave me this blog award:

Honey, I love your blog, too!

As with all awards there are certain rules to follow:
1. Link to the giver (check)
2. Nominate up to seven other fabulous blogs and link to them
3. Leave messages announcing their ris
e to greatness.
Note - You may have been given this already, so that means you are a GREAT blogger

So today, I nominate the following fellow bloggers for this award...heck, I guess nominate isn't the right word - I bestow this award on them...

Marty at Dark Star Discovery, who is still finding his voice in his blog, but who has a great story to tell about his Marine Corps days and about his struggle with weight - a subject most men are too proud to broach.

Brian at The Cheek of God who is a fabulous writer and an honest human being in every sense of the word. He also has written about his struggle with weight and about his gastric bypass.

Shelley, aka The Baroness, at Baroness von Bloggenschtern, for her kindness, her friendship, and her wonderful blog which has included a lot of photos and tales from her recent European travels. Bless you, my friend.

Josie, over at A Majority of Two, who is an honest, sweet soul and one who has had her share of difficulties and blog trolls. I'm happy to call her a friend, and you'd do well to go over and check her out, if you don't already know her.

Jay at The Depp Effect has two beautiful greyhounds and is a frequent sighter of Johnny Depp. Her blog is humorous, insightful, and fun to read. Check her out!

It's less than seven, but that's all for today, folks. As it is, I'm stalling on getting any work done!

Peace - D

9 comments:

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

thanks for the heads up on favourite bloggers, more to check out...


saz x

Jay said...

Oh, thank you!! How kind of you to say such nice things about me! I'm honoured!! It's especially nice that this award comes from such a classy blogger as you are!

I'm going to check out my fellow nominees - it's always nice to find new blogs! :)

Daryl said...

Well deserved, Doris ...

:-Daryl

Akelamalu said...

Congratulations on the award m'dear. :)

SandyCarlson said...

You deserve that award, and so do your friends!

tysdaddy said...

I am honored . . .

San said...

Congratulations, Doris. I love your blog too!

And thank you for the introductions to some great-sounding blogs I don't know. Yet.

Jo said...

Riverpoet, goodness if anyone deserves this blog award, you do! Your blog is always amazing. I don't always have time to visit all my favorite blogs every day, but there is always something interesting on your blog.

And thank you for passing it on to me. That is a great compliment coming from you!

Lavinia said...

Congratulations RiverPoet! I love your blog too!