Tuesday, September 2, 2008

New Outlook

You asked for it; you got it. Now, bear in mind, the wallpaper is still coming down, and the paint isn't up - but here are the before and after pictures of the new blinds on the windows in the kitchen. I think you'll like what you see; I certainly do. The whole look of the kitchen has changed; a new brightness has taken over. This morning there was golden sunlight spilling in - without blinding me. Tonight, I have my privacy with the blinds closed. Perfecto!

Enjoy - D

Small window. Notice how the curtains don't quite fit because they were hung too high.

New blinds!

Larger window. Notice how the bar dips in the middle. Again, these were hung improperly, and the hanger tried to make up for the fact by bending the bar!!

New blinds! The picture doesn't quite capture it, but I'll post more pics when the transformation is complete. The effect in person is stunning.

11 comments:

MamaGeek said...

Martha Stewart better watch out because you ROCKETH. That is one nice upgrade!

the walking man said...

RP...the stimulator was turned on yesterday...read all about it.

Those short curtains look ok to me, it is the minor imperfections that make a perfect world but ...did you have your coffee first before the light of day came streaming in?

RiverPoet said...

Mamageek - Oh, I don't know about that, but thanks for the compliment!

WalkingMan - It's hard to tell from the pictures, but the curtains were just awful. Ugly, stained, faded. They had gone past the point of having an interesting patina - all the way to butt ugly. I'm so glad they are now in the trash. Congrats on getting the stimulator turned on and the pain turned off. I wish you the best!

Peace - D

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Much better, darlin'! I agree that blinds are awesome. :)

Daryl said...

Nice clean look ... a lot warmer than those brown saggy cafe curtains

:-Daryl

Not Afraid to Use It said...

Those old curtains looks like dust magnets. Ish! I am loving the new blinds, and I so happy they are giving you such pleasure! Hurray for morning coffee with good light!

Jay said...

The blinds look great!! We have roller blinds in the conservatory, and roman blinds in other rooms. I love roman blinds - the warmth of curtains without the clutter and dust trappishness.

However .. you can't wash 'em. Your blinds look light, clean and low maintenance!

Hilary said...

Like night and day.. so bright. Well done!

Lavinia said...

Beautiful! 100% improvement. The blinds look so sharp and spiffy. Love this new look.

Maggie May said...

That is a good improvement!

RiverPoet said...

CMGD - Wait til you see the rest of the makeover!

Daryl - Oh yes - those saggy-baggy curtains are out for the trash man today.

NATUI - I'd say hurray for coffee, light or no light! HAHAHA!

Jay - I was thinking of putting roman shades on the window in my living room. It is my last "project." I think Roman shades are gorgeous.

Hilary - Yes, it's a huge improvement! Thanks!

Lavinia - Thanks, dear. I love the clean, sharp look, too.

Maggie - Thanks, I can't wait to show off the final product. Hopefully in the next month.

Peace - D