Monday, September 29, 2008

Sick Day


Oh, it's been a banner day, campers.

I got out of bed at 7:30 and tried to work. I ended up calling in sick. Went back to bed at 9:00.

I got out of bed again at 11:30. Slagged around the house in my jammies for awhile longer, ate some cereal, drank some coffee. Finally dragged my butt into the shower.

Around 2:30, hubby came home. He's getting ready to start traveling for work, so he's checking out of the place he's working now (it's all consulting gigs). We talked about getting dinner out tonight, because I'll be on my own for the rest of the week. I knew I needed another nap, though.

We curled up in the bed again, and slept until 5:00.

Got up, fed the dogs, and tried to walk them. I couldn't even keep up with the old girl (nearly 8 now). Finally, we cut the walk short and put the dogs in the house. I didn't even go upstairs to get my purse; hubby brought it down to me. I just couldn't move the legs.

I feel as though my plug was pulled today. No pain - none at all. Just incredible, incredible mental and physical fatigue. It hasn't happened in awhile, but it hits sometimes. I just have to rest when it does.

Maybe it's the illness. Maybe it's the fact that every time I open my email I find more garbage from more people who want me to change my vote. Ugh. I've decided. I'm the decider.

Nuff said. Tomorrow WILL be a better day.

Peace - D

10 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

Ah, my friend, you are in my thoughts. I have known this feeling--know it now, in fact. Fatigue is a tough one. It requires too much darn stillness!

Wishing you peace and strength.

the walking man said...

Today is the tomorrow hoped for. I pray it be better than yesterday.

Jay said...

Ah ... sounds like you have what I had. I spent a day with overwhelming fatigue, then a day with a sore throat. Next morning I could hardly talk! I'm a bit better today though, so hopefully it's a short-lived thing.

Stay warm, rest up and take vit C and zinc and garlic! It really does help. :)

May you feel much better soon.

Akelamalu said...

So sorry to hear you're not well honey. I'll remember you when I'm sending out Reiki. x

Mental P Mama said...

Oh, feel better!

Kathryn said...

Oy vey! I'm exhausted just reading it.
I hope you feel better soon!

RiverPoet said...

Sandy - Thanks. I'm doing so much better today. Thankfully, it was just that - a sick day.

WM - Thanks so much. It was indeed the tomorrow I hoped for.

Jay - I hope you're feeling better, too! I didn't have a sore throat, but the rest of it sounds the same.

Akela - I would love for you to explain that one day! I know next to nothing about Reiki.

Mental P - Done and done. I'm much better today!

Kathryn - It was a very strange day indeed. Thanks for dropping in.

Peace - D

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Darlin'. I'm so sorry you had that nasty fatigue to slog through. I hope you feel better soon and can make it through without many more of these types of days. Ish.

Moannie said...

I'm hoping that this bad day was your body reacting to all the pain and stress...saying 'give me a break, I'm tired.'

Hugs XO

San said...

And the next day WAS better. How wonderful.