Monday, September 8, 2008

Updates from Snarky Smurf

Just in case you may be wondering about some of the open threads I had going here...
  • Yes, I got the highlights done in my hair, but I don't have a new picture. And the highlights actually turned out to be lowlights, so it looks like my natural color (before the gray) with some of my silver left in. I don't know how my stylist got that result from me saying, "I want blond highlights, lots of them, lighter than last time." Go figure. I also ran into my old stylist there, the one I left because she kept changing her hours and kept trying to make my hair look like hers (straight and limp...which my hair doesn't like to do). It was awkward all the way around.
  • Sophie (the stray) hasn't been around since the last time I wrote about her. Either her owners found her and brought her in, someone took her in, or someone took her to the pound. I hope it's one of the first two.
  • We've made ZERO progress on the kitchen. For the last two weekends, I've been sidelined with migraines and haven't been able to help. So....the wallpaper is in pretty much the same sad state of affairs it was in before.
In other news...
  • The whole RNC made me sick! You, too? Sorry if any of my readers are Republicans, but even as peaceful as I am on any given day, I wanted to punch Giuliani in his big ol' head, wipe the lipsticked smile off the pitbull hockey mom, and tell McCain I'm disappointed in him to put a puppet in line one heartbeat away from the Oval Office. I think Rove was behind that decision. Want to read someone who is ever more worked up than I am? Read Media Concepts. The guy does his homework.
  • I can't friggin' believe McCain passed Obama in the polls today. I am sticking to my belief that this is due to a post-convention bounce, not based in sanity. But then again, our last 8 years haven't been based in sanity.
  • Today I logged onto Freecycle for my area for the first time. Thanks, NATUI, for showing me the way! In 4 minutes, I had takers for 2 black office chairs I had sitting around. I later saw a post from someone wanting a dehumidifier, which I happen to have. By this time tomorrow, three big items will be out of my garage! Yay! But the whole thing created a bit of stress for me today. I thought I checked the box for "daily digest" messages, but I ended up getting SO MANY messages - not just about the chairs, but about everything people were posting, selling, wanting, etc. Ugh. If that's the way it's gonna be, I'll have to turn off accepting emails from Freecycle until I really need something.
All of this stuff going on has made for one cranky Poet! I was making one remark after another about people on TV last night. Finally, hubby turned to me and said, "Damn! I'm going to have to start calling you Snarky Smurf!"

And am I blue?

I found a little quiz on-line. What Smurf Are You? In the mood I'm in, I answered with CURRENT feelings (not normal for me) and got this:




Actually, I also had windows open up for Brainy Smurf, Handy Smurf, Vanity Smurf, and Painter Smurf. It said that if I had more than one window open up I had multiple personalities. Tell me something I didn't know!
:-)

Is it me or is it midlife? I seem to still be going through these periods of time in which I want to rip someone's head off. It really isn't like me. It's like PMS x 10! But I'm not PMSing any longer.

*sigh* I'm sure I'll be better tomorrow. I'm certain...

Peace - D

9 comments:

Not Afraid to Use It said...

You are welcome! I am so glad you got hooked up on FreeCycle. I have to say, don't let the number of emails put you off of FC. Put a filter on your email to divert them to their own special folder. You would be shocked how many things you find you can use, and how many things you can offload because someone put out a request.

Now, off to check out Media Concepts...

the walking man said...

My wife is about your age RP...she had terrible migraines until she started taking a high blood pressure medication...she never had HBP...but it worked for her and she's been migraine free for nigh on a decade.

Uhhh better to be a cranky poet than a smarmy politician.

RiverPoet said...

NATUI - Thanks! My problem with email filtering is that during the day I'm checking email through the webmail interface, so filtering is a little different and then doesn't play well with my email client when I switch over to that. Ugh.

Walking Man - Come to think of it, I never had such horrible headaches when I was on BP meds, but my pressure is very low now. I don't know if the doctor would want to put me back on them. I have a Chiari Malformation, too, so some of my headaches come from that - most of them, in fact. It's like someone pumping up the back of my head with a bicycle pump until it feels like it will explode. *sigh* Hopefully I'll get some answers about that soon.

Peace - D

Jo said...

Gosh, I'm sorry to hear about your headaches. No wonder you're feeling cranky. That would certainly do it. And summer is gone. That makes me very cranky, and sad.

Get someone to take your picture. I would love to see your high/low lights!

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Leendaluu said...

Well, I must be cynical smurf. Your comment made the laugh out loud. thanks

Daryl said...

See .. those emails were payback for the good deeds you did getting that humidifier and chairs new homes ..

Kidding.

I did get a good laugh out of the idea of you as a Smurf

:-Daryl

Akelamalu said...

I hate it when hairdressers don't do what you ask. Mine is a doll, she does exactly what I ask and she's been doing it for about 15 years! Maybe you should try a different one altogether?

Sarah said...

I really hope that the sophie found a home. It's really sad when they don't.

I always loved the smurfs. I would get up really early in the morning just to watch them. Then, one day, they were gone and that made me sad.

Still waiting on the new pictures though!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Sorry you're Grouchy Smurf. :( I feel the same way, just for different reasons. We'll get there, though. We'll see the light.