- Yes, I got the highlights done in my hair, but I don't have a new picture. And the highlights actually turned out to be lowlights, so it looks like my natural color (before the gray) with some of my silver left in. I don't know how my stylist got that result from me saying, "I want blond highlights, lots of them, lighter than last time." Go figure. I also ran into my old stylist there, the one I left because she kept changing her hours and kept trying to make my hair look like hers (straight and limp...which my hair doesn't like to do). It was awkward all the way around.
- Sophie (the stray) hasn't been around since the last time I wrote about her. Either her owners found her and brought her in, someone took her in, or someone took her to the pound. I hope it's one of the first two.
- We've made ZERO progress on the kitchen. For the last two weekends, I've been sidelined with migraines and haven't been able to help. So....the wallpaper is in pretty much the same sad state of affairs it was in before.
- The whole RNC made me sick! You, too? Sorry if any of my readers are Republicans, but even as peaceful as I am on any given day, I wanted to punch Giuliani in his big ol' head, wipe the lipsticked smile off the pitbull hockey mom, and tell McCain I'm disappointed in him to put a puppet in line one heartbeat away from the Oval Office. I think Rove was behind that decision. Want to read someone who is ever more worked up than I am? Read Media Concepts. The guy does his homework.
- I can't friggin' believe McCain passed Obama in the polls today. I am sticking to my belief that this is due to a post-convention bounce, not based in sanity. But then again, our last 8 years haven't been based in sanity.
- Today I logged onto Freecycle for my area for the first time. Thanks, NATUI, for showing me the way! In 4 minutes, I had takers for 2 black office chairs I had sitting around. I later saw a post from someone wanting a dehumidifier, which I happen to have. By this time tomorrow, three big items will be out of my garage! Yay! But the whole thing created a bit of stress for me today. I thought I checked the box for "daily digest" messages, but I ended up getting SO MANY messages - not just about the chairs, but about everything people were posting, selling, wanting, etc. Ugh. If that's the way it's gonna be, I'll have to turn off accepting emails from Freecycle until I really need something.
And am I blue?
I found a little quiz on-line. What Smurf Are You? In the mood I'm in, I answered with CURRENT feelings (not normal for me) and got this:
Actually, I also had windows open up for Brainy Smurf, Handy Smurf, Vanity Smurf, and Painter Smurf. It said that if I had more than one window open up I had multiple personalities. Tell me something I didn't know!
Is it me or is it midlife? I seem to still be going through these periods of time in which I want to rip someone's head off. It really isn't like me. It's like PMS x 10! But I'm not PMSing any longer.
*sigh* I'm sure I'll be better tomorrow. I'm certain...
Peace - D