Tuesday, November 18, 2008

And another thing...

Because of something that happened today that I'm still trying to process, I allowed myself to be tagged for a meme by Sarah. You don't have to do it, but if you do, let me know so I can come visit you!

This is the "seven things" meme. 7 things I plan to do before I die, 7 things I do now, 7 things I can’t do, 7 things that attract me to the opposite sex, 7 things I say most often and 7 celebrities I admire.

7 things I plan to do before I die
1. Learn to knit
2. Publish my novel
3. Take an Alaskan cruise
4. Go on an extended European vacation
5. Make someone's life a little better
6. Get Bodhi trained to not pull me out the door for our walks
7. Have enough

7 things I do now
1. Attend church every week
2. Work at a satisfying, well-paying job
3. Write poetry
4. Talk to strangers
5. Sit too much/exercise too little (is that 2 things?)
6. Spoil my dogs and cats
7. Love my husband

7 things I can’t do
1. Journal or write on a daily basis, though I keep saying I will.
2. Ice skate
3. Eat peppers
4. Fix my daughter
5. Forgive myself for some dumb things I've done
6. Get my family to go to church with me
7. Roll my R's in Spanish

7 things that attract me to the opposite sex
1. Long hair
2. Beautiful eyes
3. Cleanliness
4. Stylish clothes
5. Honesty
6. Heat (you know, the steaminess that lies just under the surface)
7. A firm handshake

7 things I say most often
1. Is it Friday yet?
2. I'm exhausted.
3. Please God...
4. What is she thinking?
5. I haven't read that book yet.
6. Where did I leave my _________?*
7. I need to ________.*
*fill in the blank

7 celebrities I admire
1. Joyce Carol Oates
2. Alice Walker
3. Emma Thompson
4. Cesar Milan
5. John Steinbeck
6. Philippa Gregory
7. Joan Didion
--------------------

7 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

I admire your admirees, too. Oates amazes me, as does Thompson. I would like to be them for a few minutes just to see how it goes.

Mental P Mama said...

Well done! I will go to Alaska with you;)

Cloudia said...

Can I come to Alaska Too? ;-)
Aloha!

Maggie May said...

I would teach you to knit!
I wouldn't mind Alaska either!

Sarah said...

lovely job--

ooh, and i forgot about philippa gregory-i just discovered her books and she's amazing!

Daryl said...

Most interesting list, D. And knitting is easy, even this lefy-louie can knit/purl and cable!

:-Daryl

RiverPoet said...

SandyC - I forgot to add the Dalai Lama, too! He really should have been at the top of the list, but I was thinking about writing last night.

MPM - Oooh, group cruise! Group cruise!

Maggie - Can you imagine all of us blog-buddies in a knitting circle? How cool would that be??

Sarah - She really is a great author, isn't she?

Daryl - Like I said ot Maggie, can't you just imagine us all in a knitting circle? My mother made beautiful crocheted things, and I know a couple of stitches, but nothing that amounts to much. I could probably make a potholder, that's about it. But there's a local shop called Keep Me in Stitches that I'm going to check out.

Peace - D