Saturday, November 29, 2008

Wintry Weather

Tomorrow morning our forecast is for a wintry mix that should make my morning quite possibly a bit treacherous. Honestly, I'd rather have out-and-out snow than to deal with sleet and such. Thankfully, the roads should still be too warm from our 50+ degree days this week to cause us any risks. We got our leaves raked and bagged ahead of this weather (lest we be dealing with an icy, sodden mess on the lawn). We've also eaten enough the last couple of days to put a nice layer of blubber on ourselves. Oy, I am so ready to get back to normal next week! (Please remind me of that if I begin to complain!)

Thank you all for your supportive comments yesterday. There are no easy answers to the problem, but I know quite well that I cannot fix another person. I can't even fix myself.



I may be slowing down quite a bit over the next month as to blogging and commenting simply because I'm so far behind on some things I have to do. Don't think that I've fallen off the face of the earth; it's just necessary for me to do some catching up before I become buried under the work that's piling up. I've turned into a writer who only writes in two places: work and blogs. That's a bad place for a writer to be. I've got to find some balance, and I will. But let's face it, you folks are hard for me to stay away from, so I won't. I'll be around, but you won't see me commenting on each and every one of your delightful posts. I'll comment as much as I can without eating up all my free time, though. It's so easy for me to look up and realize that 3-4 hours have passed. Yikes!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Feel festive, and stay warm!

Peace - D

13 comments:

Jo said...

Omigosh, you have so much on your plate, I don't know how you manage. I'm playing catch up, and I just read your last few posts. I feel so bad about your ailing family member. Even here in Canada, where we have universal health care, people like that still fall through the cracks. I see it all the time. It breaks my heart. It must break your heart too. And on top of that, you have your own health problems. That, however, would be paid for in its entirety, including your travel, if you lived in Canada. Hopefully the new administration in your country will change that! It's long overdue.

You're a very strong person. Stay strong!

the walking man said...

Breathe easy RP, nobody is going anywhere where you and us can't be read.

Maggie May said...

Have a well earned rest, River Poet. Rest from blogging, that is!
If you are anything like me, though you will find it is a bit of an addiction.

Mental P Mama said...

Take care of yourself. We aren't going anywhere;)

Moannie said...

We'll be here until you're there.

® ♫ The Brit ♪ ® said...

I agree RiverPoet: Blogging can be really addictive. I too always think "I'll just check my blog for 5 minutes" and the next thing I know I've missed breakfast and lunch! x

Crystal Jigsaw said...

Blogging is terribly addictive isn't it, I find it hard to avert myself.

CJ xx

Leslie: said...

Blogging is addictive if you let it become so. I've missed quite a bit this week because of other things going on in my life, but I still miss visiting my blogging friends and finding out what's new. So do post when you can.

Burgh Baby said...

We all fall off the face of the Earth from time-to-time so that we can keep up with life. Good luck getting everything done!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Hey, sweetie. Just letting you know I did read your posts about Thanksgiving and I'm so very sorry about that. I can't tell you I understand but I can tell you that I'm sorry and I wish things with your daughter were better.

You do what you have to do to get caught up. We'll be here when you have time. I do understand about needing more time. :)

Much love!

Lavinia said...

Ditto. Its' busy as all get-out in my neck of the woods and my blogging and commenting has falled right off.

Dianne said...

that's a great photo you found
I know that feeling

I bet the weather will be better than you think - the news makes us all anxious about everything

Daryl said...

We will all be here when you get back ...

:-Daryl