Monday, December 22, 2008

Blessed Blog Awards

In the last month, two of my friends have bestowed new awards on my little ol' blog. How blessed am I? So here they are, and I'm bestowing them, in turn, on a few of my favorites.

The delightful San over at A Life with a View, gave me the Premio Dardos award. I have no idea what "premio dardos" means, but she wrote, "The PREMIO DARDOS award is 'given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing.'" Thank you, San!


I now pass this award to the following. If you don't know them yet, you should:

Fat, Frumpy, and Fifty sweetly gave me this Friends award.


This is the thinking behind this particular award:

These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.

I bestow this on the following:
And any of you whom I forgot, please forgive me. It's Christmas! I'm a little loopy these days!

Peace - and have a wonderful day....D

12 comments:

San said...

Thanks, Doris, for passing on the awards. I look forward to exploring some new blogs.

And again, Merry Christmas to you and your family!

tysdaddy said...

You are too kind, my friend. Thank you!

I hope the holidays flow by with nary a hitch . . .

Akelamalu said...

I'm honoured m'dear, thankyou so much! :)

Maggie May said...

Many thats D for passing this on to me.
I will have to wait till my son gets back from Japan in the New Year before I can do anything with it. You know how I am with technical stuff LOL
Much appreciated.
Congratulations on getting it in the first place.

Daryl said...

Doris, I love the new photo! Love it.

And congrats on the awards, well deserved!

:-Daryl

Marty said...

Congrats on your "Awards!"

Moannie said...

Thank you so much for passing on tis award to me, and now that I have received tutorials from Sazzie I now just have to remember how to collect it it...let me think...er first go into the Google browser and out up teo blogs...then....er...then, 'Sazzie! Help!

Happy Christmas, may the elf of pain leave you alone for a good long while.

SandyCarlson said...

Your very, very kind. Thanks!

the walking man said...

RP...I hope to be friends with you through all of it, the best times are them not lived yet.

To you and the old man, the kids and all that surround you, may the peace of God suffuse; showing everyone that trouble is a temporary situation that allows for room to grow if we don't lose hope.

Best to you Doris.

RiverPoet said...

San - Merry Christmas to you, my friend.

Tysdaddy - Thanks! Me, too. Same to you!

Akela - De nada. You deserved it. Happy Christmas!

Maggie - Whenever you manage to load it up, enjoy showing it off and passing it on. Happy Christmas!

Daryl - Thanks so much! One of my siblings said, of the photo, that my pain and fatigue was showing. Hmmm... Happy Hanukkah!

Marty - Thanks! Merry Christmas!

Moannie - OMG, is it an elf that's doing this to me? I'll set a trap!!! :-) Happy Christmas!

Sandy - Merry Christmas!

Mark - As the angel Clarence wrote to George Bailey, "No man is a failure who has friends." Neither of us could possibly be failures, my friend. Merry Christmas.

Peace - D

Cloudia said...

What the?!
Thank you SO much for the sweet award. YOU are a blogger who has touched me with your honest writing; and some of my most heartfelt blogging has had your challenges in mind. I'm mortified that the 'thank you' that I left for you here yesterday has disappeared! Rest assured I visit you most every day and cherish your visits/comments to comfortspiral. ALOHA, friend-

Not Afraid to Use It said...

Thank you for this! I love it! Thank you thinking of me. And cheers to Tatiana!