Sunday, December 28, 2008

A silly meme from Heather

Here's a little meme I picked up from Heather's place. I've had so much happen in the last 5 days that I can't quite process it yet. You'll hear something about it soon. For now, you'll be getting some posts like this from me while I recover and enjoy a week off! Yippee!!!

(No tags! Steal it if you want!)

So, here you go:

Layer One:
- Name: Doris
- Birth date: May 19, 1962
- Birthplace: Douglas, GA
- Current Location: Frederick, MD
- Eye color: Blue-green
- Hair Color: Chestnut brown with silver throughout
- Height: 5′ 7"
- Righty or Lefty: Right
- Zodiac sign: Taurus

Layer Two:
- Your Heritage: English, Dutch, Welsh, and one single Cherokee woman
- The shoes you wore today: Slip-on Propet sneakers
- Your weakness: Chocolate...actually pretty much any sweets, and pad thai
- Your fears: Losing my husband, being alone
- Your perfect pizza: Il Forno's brick oven pizza
- Goal you’d like to achieve: Publish my novel about my late cousin

Layer Three:
- Your most overused phrase on AIM: LOL
- Your first waking thoughts: How many more minutes can I lie here?
- Your best physical feature: My eyes, but now they're hidden by my glasses, ugh.
- Your most missed memory: Laughing with my mom.

Layer Four:
- Pepsi or Coke: Coke
- McDonalds or Burger King: I don't eat either.
- Single or group dates: No longer applies, but I never did group dates. Hated them.
- Adidas or Nike: Adidas (or Propet)
- Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: I make my own from Tetley tea bags
- Chocolate or vanilla: Chocolate, of course!
- Cappuccino or coffee: Soy chai latte

Layer Five:
- Smoke: Not anymore, but once upon a time I did. I quit when I got pregnant and never went back (but I still miss the cigs now and then).
- Cuss: Not like I used to! (But hey, I was a Marine wife...it was a survival skill!)
- Sing: Yes, but people don't ask me to. :-)
- Take a shower everyday: Yes
- Do you think you’ve been in love: Oh yes. And we've been together 30 years (married 25).
- Want to go to college: Starting grad school next month.
- Liked high school: I was the lead outcast. I've never been to a reunion.
- Want to get married: I already am. (see above)
- Believe in yourself: No, not really. I swim in a river of doubt.
- Get motion sickness: No, it's not usually a problem for me.
- Think you’re attractive: No.
- Think you’re a health freak: Some people might say I am, but they'd be wrong. However, I am a health freak if you consider why I don't smoke, don't drink, don't eat fast food, and don't eat trans fat if I can help it. I'm just trying to postpone the inevitable. Aren't we all?
- Get along with your parents: We had troubled relationships, but boy, did we love each other!
- Like thunderstorms: Yes, I miss the big thunder-boomers that would roll through Texas, where I grew up.
- Play an instrument: Piano, but not so much these days.

Layer Six: In the past month….
- Drank alcohol: I had one sip of hubby's Christmas present (an 18-year-old Glen Morangie scotch....wow!)
- Smoked: No
- Done drugs: Only those prescribed to me
- Made out: Just a little
- Gone on a date: Yes. I had a lovely date with my husband at a Thai restaurant followed by hand-holding and window shopping.
- Gone to the mall: More than I wanted to.
- Eaten an entire box of Oreos: I'm not really a fan of Oreos.
- Eaten sushi: No.
- Been on stage: No.
- Been dumped: No.
- Gone skating: No. After breaking my arm twice while skating (in childhood), I hung up my skates.
- Made homemade cookies: No, but hubby did!
- Gone skinny dipping: In this freezing weather??
- Dyed your hair: No, I gave that up.
- Stolen anything: Of course not!

Layer Seven: Have you ever….
- Played a game that required removal of clothing: (giggle) Yep!
- Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: Oh yes.
- Been caught “doing something”: Depends on what "something" is!
- Been called a tease: Flirt, yes. Tease, no.
- Gotten beat up: Oh, she tried. She didn't succeed.
- Shoplifted: One time, while homeless.
- Changed who you were to fit in: I tried that, but it didn't work for me. What you see is what you get with me.

Layer Eight:
- Age you hope to be married: I married at 20. I hope to never marry again.
- Names of children: Sean and Stephanie
- Describe your dream wedding: A big, white, fluffy wedding in a church. I didn't have that.
- How do you want to die: Quietly with my family around me and my happiest memories washing over me. (Heather, this answer was so perfect that I kept it for my answer, too!)
- Where do you want to go to college? To see a football game?: I went to U of MD, which was absolutely fine with me. When I was in high school, I considered Auburn U. or Texas Southern. That didn't work out. Grad school is going to be at Hood College. Oh, and I'm not into college football.
-What do you want to be when you grow up: A brooding novelist ;-)
- What country would you most like to visit: Greece

Layer Nine:
- Number of drugs taken illegally: I'm not gonna answer that! Are you crazy?
- Number of people I could trust with my life: Only a handful. Maybe 5.
- Number of CD’s that I own: Hundreds.
- Number of piercings: Two in each ear, but they've grown over.
- Number of tattoos: None.
- Number of times my name has appeared in the newspaper: A lot. I used to be the sole reporter for a MD weekly newspaper. I've also been in the paper for other things (all good ones).
- Number of scars on my body: At least 12, just surgical scars.
- Number of things in my past I regret: Many things. I'm working on that, though.

Peace - D

7 comments:

Deb said...

Happy Holidays! I have been MIA for a bit but am happy to be back! I missed my blogging friends. This is an intense meme - you put lots of time into this. You and I have lots in common. What a great way to learn about people - I might give this a try. Hope all is well - and I will be back. Take care.

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

I did one like this once...100 things about me and then I got scared after a message was left about people usuing the info...thats me a scaredy cat...

I to read them as they are soo interesting...gosh youve lived girl!!

Daryl said...

I might do this ... but am not promising, not that you asked me to promise .. loved your answers .. and you ARE SO attractive!

:-Daryl

® ♫ The Brit ♪ ® said...

Hi Doris,
Wonderful post!
No wonder I feel a connection with you - you are a Taurus, like me, and also drink Tetley Tea!
I'm back around now, not so often but gradually getting back int he Blogging lifestyle again after all the Christmas madness...
Hugs, Donnie X

Mental P Mama said...

I think everyone should do this and fire their therapist...Great post!

RiverPoet said...

Deb - I'm glad you're back! It doesn't surprise me to learn we have something in common...

Saz - I have a 101 Things About Me post in here somewhere, too. It was one of my first. My name is out there in publication, so I'm not too worried about the little minutiae I put here, but I understand the worry!

Daryl - PSHAW!!! I hope you'll do this. I'd love to learn more about the mysterious Daryl!

Donnie!!!! You're BACK! ((((hugs))))

MPM - Amen to that!!!

Peace - D

Baroness von Bloggenschtern said...

While I'm willing to overlook our Cola differences (I'm Pepsi all the way, baby!), I cannot overlook that you have not ever had sushi.

You MUST visit and be introduced to the best sushi in the world this side of Tokyo! I will have you eating Toro Sashimi in no time. And you will love it. Trust me.