Here's a little meme I picked up from Heather's place. I've had so much happen in the last 5 days that I can't quite process it yet. You'll hear something about it soon. For now, you'll be getting some posts like this from me while I recover and enjoy a week off! Yippee!!!
(No tags! Steal it if you want!)
So, here you go:
- Name: Doris
- Birth date: May 19, 1962
- Birthplace: Douglas, GA
- Current Location: Frederick, MD
- Eye color: Blue-green
- Hair Color: Chestnut brown with silver throughout
- Height: 5′ 7"
- Righty or Lefty: Right
- Zodiac sign: Taurus
- Your Heritage: English, Dutch, Welsh, and one single Cherokee woman
- The shoes you wore today: Slip-on Propet sneakers
- Your weakness: Chocolate...actually pretty much any sweets, and pad thai
- Your fears: Losing my husband, being alone
- Your perfect pizza: Il Forno's brick oven pizza
- Goal you’d like to achieve: Publish my novel about my late cousin
- Your most overused phrase on AIM: LOL
- Your first waking thoughts: How many more minutes can I lie here?
- Your best physical feature: My eyes, but now they're hidden by my glasses, ugh.
- Your most missed memory: Laughing with my mom.
- Pepsi or Coke: Coke
- McDonalds or Burger King: I don't eat either.
- Single or group dates: No longer applies, but I never did group dates. Hated them.
- Adidas or Nike: Adidas (or Propet)
- Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: I make my own from Tetley tea bags
- Chocolate or vanilla: Chocolate, of course!
- Cappuccino or coffee: Soy chai latte
- Smoke: Not anymore, but once upon a time I did. I quit when I got pregnant and never went back (but I still miss the cigs now and then).
- Cuss: Not like I used to! (But hey, I was a Marine wife...it was a survival skill!)
- Sing: Yes, but people don't ask me to. :-)
- Take a shower everyday: Yes
- Do you think you’ve been in love: Oh yes. And we've been together 30 years (married 25).
- Want to go to college: Starting grad school next month.
- Liked high school: I was the lead outcast. I've never been to a reunion.
- Want to get married: I already am. (see above)
- Believe in yourself: No, not really. I swim in a river of doubt.
- Get motion sickness: No, it's not usually a problem for me.
- Think you’re attractive: No.
- Think you’re a health freak: Some people might say I am, but they'd be wrong. However, I am a health freak if you consider why I don't smoke, don't drink, don't eat fast food, and don't eat trans fat if I can help it. I'm just trying to postpone the inevitable. Aren't we all?
- Get along with your parents: We had troubled relationships, but boy, did we love each other!
- Like thunderstorms: Yes, I miss the big thunder-boomers that would roll through Texas, where I grew up.
- Play an instrument: Piano, but not so much these days.
Layer Six: In the past month….
- Drank alcohol: I had one sip of hubby's Christmas present (an 18-year-old Glen Morangie scotch....wow!)
- Smoked: No
- Done drugs: Only those prescribed to me
- Made out: Just a little
- Gone on a date: Yes. I had a lovely date with my husband at a Thai restaurant followed by hand-holding and window shopping.
- Gone to the mall: More than I wanted to.
- Eaten an entire box of Oreos: I'm not really a fan of Oreos.
- Eaten sushi: No.
- Been on stage: No.
- Been dumped: No.
- Gone skating: No. After breaking my arm twice while skating (in childhood), I hung up my skates.
- Made homemade cookies: No, but hubby did!
- Gone skinny dipping: In this freezing weather??
- Dyed your hair: No, I gave that up.
- Stolen anything: Of course not!
Layer Seven: Have you ever….
- Played a game that required removal of clothing: (giggle) Yep!
- Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: Oh yes.
- Been caught “doing something”: Depends on what "something" is!
- Been called a tease: Flirt, yes. Tease, no.
- Gotten beat up: Oh, she tried. She didn't succeed.
- Shoplifted: One time, while homeless.
- Changed who you were to fit in: I tried that, but it didn't work for me. What you see is what you get with me.
- Age you hope to be married: I married at 20. I hope to never marry again.
- Names of children: Sean and Stephanie
- Describe your dream wedding: A big, white, fluffy wedding in a church. I didn't have that.
- How do you want to die: Quietly with my family around me and my happiest memories washing over me. (Heather, this answer was so perfect that I kept it for my answer, too!)
- Where do you want to go to college? To see a football game?: I went to U of MD, which was absolutely fine with me. When I was in high school, I considered Auburn U. or Texas Southern. That didn't work out. Grad school is going to be at Hood College. Oh, and I'm not into college football.
-What do you want to be when you grow up: A brooding novelist ;-)
- What country would you most like to visit: Greece
- Number of drugs taken illegally: I'm not gonna answer that! Are you crazy?
- Number of people I could trust with my life: Only a handful. Maybe 5.
- Number of CD’s that I own: Hundreds.
- Number of piercings: Two in each ear, but they've grown over.
- Number of tattoos: None.
- Number of times my name has appeared in the newspaper: A lot. I used to be the sole reporter for a MD weekly newspaper. I've also been in the paper for other things (all good ones).
- Number of scars on my body: At least 12, just surgical scars.
- Number of things in my past I regret: Many things. I'm working on that, though.
Peace - D