Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sushi


I'm a little out of it due to migraine meds, so I don't trust myself to write an entire post. Therefore, I leave you with a poem and a photo of one of our kitties. Peace - D


Sushi
(c) 2006

Tuxedo style,
sweet soul patch,
white stockings to the hip,
you grace us with your dance.
Lithe and free,
full of spunk,
ballet moves, side to side,
you grace us with your dance.
But at the window
you change
into a huntress
bloodlust in your
peridot eyes
soul patch dancing
with the chattering
kitty Morse code
b-i-r-d
(repeat)
Back down,
tiptoe the long hall,
white stockings flashing.
you grace us with your dance.

11 comments:

Tara R. said...

Sushi is gorgeous. I really like poem too.. the peridot eyes and sweet soul patch.... excellent descriptions.

Mental P Mama said...

Beautiful. And so is the cat;)

Feel better soon.

Cloudia said...

Cats are poems. I ;iked your words too ;-> aloha-

Maggie May said...

Its the huntress bit that gets me!
Lovely poem!

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

beautiful...all my poetry is DARK!!

thats lovely..

FFF

Moannie said...

Please feel better soon. Lovely Sushi, poem and you.

Akelamalu said...

Sorry to hear the migraines are bad again. x

Sandy said...

Gentle hugs. Sushi is adorable and I loved the poem. Hope you feel better real soon.

Daryl said...

Perfect .. as is that lovely Sushi (did I tell you I had a Siamese Fighting Fish I called Sushi)

:-Daryl

SandyCarlson said...

This is a beautiful tribute to your kitty. Makes me think of how we are graced by the opportunity to observe rather than participate..

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Such a sweet baby! Give that cat a rub-down from me. Awesome poem, hon. Reminds me of whenever Pirtuk is at the window, chattering at the birds.

Sorry to hear about the migraine. Get better.