Sunday, January 4, 2009

RIP - Teri's Dad


My friend Teri called tonight to update me on the story about her father. (I'm not putting his name here, because the police haven't released the information yet. I don't want to do anything to jeopardize their work).

Sometime between 3 and 6 p.m. yesterday, her father was killed by what appears to have been a single stab wound to the neck. The killer or killers then took his wallet and covered his body with two couch cushions from his boat. An eyewitness saw a tall, heavyset younger man with him in the marina and apparently had seen that young man around a lot. Her father owned his own business and was known to use day laborers for both business and personal work. This person is thought to have been someone he had hired before, during the hurricane.

The story is all over the news out there, but my friend is holding up alright. She is trying to keep it together for her mother's sake. Her mother is elderly and frail, and they will probably have to make some other living arrangements for her after all is said and done.

I will just ask this - keep them in your prayers. It's not important that you know their names, but just know that this family is a good family with strong faith. Pray God's mercy on them. If you don't pray, good thoughts and energy are appreciated. What a thing to have happen....

God did bless them all with a wonderful, happy visit together at Christmas. She will always cherish those memories.

Love each other well, folks. You just never know what's coming for you.*

Peace - D

* If you've seen The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, you'll get that. If not, take a few hours and go see it.

[photo credit]

14 comments:

Sarah said...

oh, how horrible. I will pray...

Cloudia said...

We must value each other & today.
Warm blessings to all who suffer today. Aloha means love/

Cloudia said...

We must value each other & today.
Warm blessings to all who suffer today. Aloha means love/

Maggie May said...

This is so terrible. The kind of thing that is going on here too, every so often.
Will hold them up in prayer and also your family too.

the walking man said...

*sigh*

Mental P Mama said...

Amen. Live every day.

Jay said...

Oh, how sad, and horribly tragic! :(

Prayers for the family .. I hope Teri's mother will survive this and stay strong, mentally, if not physically.

Akelamalu said...

Knife crimes strike terror in my heart since my son was the victim of one, thankfully not that serious. My thoughts go out to your friend and her family, I'll remember them when sending our Reiki. I hope the police find who is responsible for this terrible crime.

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Oh, wow. I just don't have the words, but I will certainly keep Teri's family at the front of my thoughts and hopes.

® ♫ The Brit ♪ ® said...

I was so extremely sad hearing about this.... ashamed to be human comes to mind.
I will pray too X

Hilary said...

Sending best thoughts.

Daryl said...

Keeping good thoughts here

San said...

Your friend and her family will be in my prayers.

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

just lots of love...((hug))