- My daughter moved back home over Christmas and is getting help for some of her issues
- Lily (my oldest bulldog) got some kind of stomach ailment and had me up all night one night last week
- Daughter had an asthma attack the next night and we spend 5 hours at the ER
- An eye exam (our Christmas present to her) revealed a hemorrhage in one eye and damage in the other eye due to some of her lupus medication (I don't know what happens now...she has another appointment with a specialist...)
- My son lost his job (along with all of the other part-timers) at the start-up software company where he was working
- My husband's car quit on him (fortunately it was only a dead battery)
- The thing about Liquid Illuzion (which really upset me...)
- And tonight I heard that a dear friend's father was stabbed to death on his boat in Houston today (at this point, it's all I know...they don't know who did it or why...)
I know that it does and that I'll be okay. I just need a little time and sanity. I need for the world to stop dumping on me for a few days. I need to remember to be grateful for all the blessings in my life. This little bout of ennui has me shaken, but I always bounce back. I just need to be patient with myself and not give up.
I just have to remember, too, that in the midst of all of this, if I don't take care of myself I'll regret it. I know what to do. I just have to do it.
Peace - D