Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I'd Like to Thank the Academy...

My dear friend Jay over at The Depp Effect bestowed a lovely blog award on my humble abode:


She received the award and couldn't read the text (can you?) so she did some digging as to the origins and meaning of the award. The following dual explanation comes from here...
  • There are at least two different descriptions of the award in English:

    This award acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his or her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values every day.

    and

    The PREMIO DARDO is designed to recognize unique voices and visions on the Web as well as to promote fraternization amongst bloggers of all sorts.

Literally, the phrase premio dardo means "dart award". If you look at this award up close, it says "Best Blog Darts Thinker". Now I have no idea what that means literally, but I suppose the spirit of it is captured in the descriptions above. Not everything truly translates literally between languages.

What matters is that a dear friend across the pond thought enough of me to include me in her list. I'm going to do something a little different here and award this in two ways.

1) If you are a regular reader and commenter here, I take it that you "promoting fraternization amongst bloggers" and thus, you deserve this award. Take it with my blessings and display it proudly.

2) You might want to check out the following bloggers who "transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values every day" through their writing. You may have met them or not, but do pay them a visit.
  • Meredith Teagarden at The Things We Carried writes beautifully with a fluidity that reminds me of Jennifer Harvey over at Thursday Drive. Actually, Jennifer, you deserve this award, too! Check them both out, my peeps...
  • Real Live Lesbian who describes herself as a Southern, Christian lesbian and who does her level best every day to educate the ignorant on how absolutely "normal" her life is. Long may she wave the rainbow flag! Plus? She likes hockey. You can't go wrong with this one.
  • Kelly at Ordinary Art, who is going to be speaking at BlogHer'09 (so you may already know her). If you don't have her on your subscription list, you're missing out.
  • And finally, Not Afraid to Use It, because she has had a rough time of it lately, because she doesn't put up with any BS from anyone, because she has great taste in friends...PLUS? She likes hockey!!! Check her out.
Enjoy your award, ladies, and pass it on.

Peace - D

7 comments:

Real Live Lesbian said...

Thank you so much! I'm so honored!

I can't wait to check out the other lovely ladies. I always love a new read!

XOXO

Woman in a Window said...

Good on you for receiving it and good on you for recognizing Kelly at Ordinary Art. She's one heck of a writer (and friend.)

Will look into others.

ConverseMomma said...

I am truly touched. I don't know if you know, but I almost gave up on blogging, and myself. Thinking that I had nothing worthy to say. Being found, and finding such lovely women like you, gives me reason enough to believe.

I am humbled, and will definitely check out your links.

Thanks:)

SandyCarlson said...

Congratulations!

Syd said...

Congratulations to you. What a great award.

Daryl said...

Congrats to you, D... and to those you honor .. do they root for the Red Wings?

The Things We Carried said...

How did I miss this? THANK YOU!! Truly!