She received the award and couldn't read the text (can you?) so she did some digging as to the origins and meaning of the award. The following dual explanation comes from here...
- There are at least two different descriptions of the award in English:
This award acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his or her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values every day.
The PREMIO DARDO is designed to recognize unique voices and visions on the Web as well as to promote fraternization amongst bloggers of all sorts.
What matters is that a dear friend across the pond thought enough of me to include me in her list. I'm going to do something a little different here and award this in two ways.
1) If you are a regular reader and commenter here, I take it that you "promoting fraternization amongst bloggers" and thus, you deserve this award. Take it with my blessings and display it proudly.
2) You might want to check out the following bloggers who "transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values every day" through their writing. You may have met them or not, but do pay them a visit.
- Meredith Teagarden at The Things We Carried writes beautifully with a fluidity that reminds me of Jennifer Harvey over at Thursday Drive. Actually, Jennifer, you deserve this award, too! Check them both out, my peeps...
- Real Live Lesbian who describes herself as a Southern, Christian lesbian and who does her level best every day to educate the ignorant on how absolutely "normal" her life is. Long may she wave the rainbow flag! Plus? She likes hockey. You can't go wrong with this one.
- Kelly at Ordinary Art, who is going to be speaking at BlogHer'09 (so you may already know her). If you don't have her on your subscription list, you're missing out.
- And finally, Not Afraid to Use It, because she has had a rough time of it lately, because she doesn't put up with any BS from anyone, because she has great taste in friends...PLUS? She likes hockey!!! Check her out.
Peace - D