Thursday, October 7, 2010

Getting a Grip

I'm trying very hard to hang in with school and work. I'm extremely tired and ready to give up some days, but I won't. I won't let the fatigue win! We're halfway through the semester, which is hard to believe. I'll be a quarter way through the program by December. Wow!

Some things have happened lately that make me sad and upset, unbalanced. I'm trying to take them in stride and do what I have to do for me. I'm the only one I was tasked to please in this life, and as hard as that is to do some days, I have to try. I have to do what is healthiest for me in the long run, even though it hurts like hell right now.

I leave you with a song that has been stuck in my head during the last two weeks. I know what it takes to move on, but it's damn sure not easy. Peace - D

7 comments:

Saz said...

l agree wholeheartedly with EVERY word!!

luv saz x

Mental P Mama said...

Amen, Doris. Amen.

Maggie May said...

That is quite true.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Shubhajit said...

I just bumped up...

I really like the honest approach of writing..it's simple, honest and (to an extent) touching..

we all have something that make us unbalanced, sad and disillusioned. But this is weakness. we should stride forward, leaving everything whatever it may be. Another problem i see that 99 out of 100 mental agonies come from relationships. Happiness not principally comes from relationship. God places all around us, we just need to reach and grab it!

Syd said...

Being unbalanced is something that happens when I am not fully in steps two and three. I forget that I can trust in my HP. Hope things even out for you soon.

Daryl said...

This time of year I think we all tend to feel tired .. the weather is changing .. its getting dark earlier.. stay strong, you are one of the strongest women I know.

RiverPoet said...

Really, Daryl? I don't feel like it today. I feel small and insignificant. But I suppose it takes something to even get out of bed everyday.

Don't know if I mentioned it, but I'm living in Stephanie's old room. So many memories. No wonder I have crying jags from time to time. I feel her all around me.

Things are changing rapidly in my life, though. I'm trying to hold onto hopes for a brighter future.

Peace - D