Sunday, December 5, 2010

Bleeding Heart

Do any of you know where I could find the movie, "Stealing Heaven"? I love what I see of it in this video. Netflix does not have it. Maybe Hulu....






I'm in a strange place today. I have a lo--o-o-o-ong way to go, but I am beginning to make amends. I really am. An interesting thing about making amends is that it is not about me. It is about forgiveness. You can't control the way the other person reacts to you or whether they forgive you at all. What you control is that you acknowledge what you have done to the best of your memory and ability. You try to enumerate each violation against the other person, and then you spill it. You name it. You claim it. What they do with it isn't in your control. The only thing you control is the ability to make amends. Amends might never get you forgiveness, but eventually it will heal your soul.

I'm trying so hard to heal. Hang in there with me. I'll get there.

Peace - D

2 comments:

Syd said...

It takes time. I found that my amends came when I could feel at peace within and connected to my Higher Power. I was in balance and felt okay regardless of the outcome of making the amends.

the walking man said...

forgive yourself first Doris then go about making amends and forgiving others.