Monday, May 7, 2012

Hating on the Fat

I appreciate the support and the tips yesterday.  I'm feeling so discouraged that it's hard to deal with it. I don't really want to try another high-protein, artificial sweetener plan, but this is what my doctor suggested. Whatever way I go, I have to have enough salt, which means I'll be "breaking" the diet, anyway. Having postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), which is another problem that goes hand-in-hand with Chiari malformation, I have to get enough salt in my diet or I could faint. I was diagnosed, in fact, after I almost passed out in my driveway -- and it wasn't even hot outside!

I will try to look up the "old" Weight Watchers plan, because the new one clearly doesn't work for me. The nice thing about the high-protein diet is that the weight just drops off. And for me, it stayed off for a good long time, until I got sick. I'm just so frustrated....

Today I feel like garbage and may just climb back in bed after work. But I did promise to meet up with the communication committee for a local event I'm helping to plan. Maybe with a nap, I can feel better by 7 and still make it....

OY VEY!

D

No comments: